Interlude Six: A Seeker

Maisie woke up in the darkness. She didn't recognize the place but she felt familiar with it. What suddenly stood out to her was that she was moving. By the feel of it, she was being dragged through a muddy tunnel. The sounds of the soil were jumping around the room making her head feel slightly more dizzy. She tried to focus her eyes in front. There was a figure in front of her holding her by the legs and moving deep into the tunnel. She turned her head left and saw what looked like a railroad. That is why it felt familiar - she thought while noticing strange lights flashing around them as if they were hanging in mid-air. Around them, she saw thoughts dancing around them moving manifested into existence. They were negative thoughts filled with fury. They made something similar to a forcefield around her and the person dragging her. Only then she looked in front, seeing the emerald eyes of The Prophet looking at her over his shoulder. He was furious, disappointed in her. She didn't feel accounted for but the feeling was almost physical. His gaze drifted off and everything was dark again.

Maisie opened her eyes hanging in the air. Her hands were tied up with a rope that was attached to the ceiling she couldn't see. The endless darkness of the cavern she was in was oppressive, but it wasn't completely dark. There was some light shining softly. A crystal behind her. It was massive. It was hanging in the air, its lower point was hidden in a hole that seemed to never end. There was no one there. She was alone and the overwhelming silence made her only think

-What the hell is going on?!

It wasn't clear to her, but with what she had seen over the past week, this must be the other side of the corridor. Yet she remembered that she didn't cross it. She was trapped here, by a person that looked like her. She remembered all of these memories clearly. Hanging in a blue void. She remembered a sharp voice speaking to her in her sleep.