⋆ ★gof ⟿ guests and giggles★⋆

Start from the beginning

Usually, well, sometimes, she didn't fall for his puppy eyes. But this time, under his pleading gaze, Y/N just melted. "Please, c'mon, Silv," said Harry. "It couldn't hurt...I just want to send it...I care for him..."

They held a staring contest for at least a few minutes. Second by second, she succumbed more and more to his pout and furrowed brows. "Fine!" she finally broke. "Fine. I'm going to go freshen up, change, wake up Ronnie and Herms," said Y/N, getting up. "You better be back from the Owlery when I'm done."

"Yes ma'am!" Harry said happily, snatching the letter from the table and standing. He just stared at her softly.

When he didn't move, Y/N blinked at him. "That means go, dumbarse."

"Oh!" said Harry. "Er - uh, yeah. Right. Sorry. See you in a bit, Silv."

And he hurried away, out of the Portrait Hole, out of sight.

What an odd boy. Maybe the Killing Curse didn't only leave a mark, but mentally addled him as well. Hm.

"That was a lie, Harry!" Hermione whispered to the boy she sat beside during breakfast. "You didn't imagine your scar hurting and you know it."

"That's what I told him," Y/N mumbled, taking a bite of her toast and side-eyeing Ron, who was sat beside her and hungrily wolfing down his eggs.

When she'd gone to wake him after waking Hermione, (Like the good friend she is) Y/N found him with one foot dangling off the bed, murmuring about biting books.

What a weirdo, she had thought, before grabbing Ron by his leg and yanking him onto the floor. He'd yelled at her for that, but Y/N just shot a jet water, using Aquamenti, at Ron, then fled to the girls dormitory, where he couldn't follow.

"Didn't have to snitch on me," Harry said to Y/N. "I'm perfectly capable of telling them myself," he added.

"If I didn't snitch, Herms would scold me for being a bystander," Y/N said tiredly, giving her friend a wry smile.

Harry took a bite of his food, turning to Hermione. "I'm not going to be the reason he goes to Azkaban again."

Hermione opened her mouth, probably to reprimand Harry, but Ron said sharply, "Drop it." For once, Hermione heeded him, and fell silent. Harry shot Ron a thankful look, then finished attending to his bacon.

"So," Hermione said casually, but Y/N caught the lilt in her voice. "Where were you last night, Y/N? You never came to our room after going after Harry..."

Feeling herself turn slightly pink, Y/N managed out quietly, "Fell asleep..." she didn't want to specify where. Other people existed and had ears. It didn't help that Fred, George and Lee were sitting a little ways away from them

"In Harry's bed," Ron coughed. "Whaaat...who said that..? Harry's-" cough, "-bed?"

This time, Harry shot Ron a furtive but almost-wary glance. He mouthed something that Y/N didn't understand. Ron rolled his eyes and nodded with a dismissive wave of his hand. The dark-haired, green-eyed boy looked back at Y/N, features forming a smile.

"I was convincing him to calm down about..." Y/N glanced around them, "Padfoot."

"Didn't work, obviously," Ron snorted. "The idiot still went and sent-"

The first bell, signaling the end of breakfast, rang. They had ten minutes between classes. Y/N swung her schoolbag over her shoulder, watching as the bread crumbs and food remnants on their plates vanished, courtesy of the house-elves. Hermione turned her nose up.