⋆ ★poa ⟿ the boy who lived's socks★⋆

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Y/N's P.O.V. 

At lunch on Wednesday, the quartet decided to sit underneath a willow tree. The cloudy weather had cleared up, the sun was out and the grass had dried. Y/N rested her head in Hermione's lap, popping green grapes into her mouth. 

"Want one?" Y/N offered to Hermione. The brunette smiled and nodded, opening her mouth. Y/N threw the grape in, then Hermione continued reading. 

Harry and Ron were in deep conversation about...a book? 

"A book? You're talking about a book?" Y/N said, eyebrow raised. 

Hermione joined into her teasing, "For the first time in forever, isn't it?" She said, taking another grape from Y/N. 

Ron frowned. "'Flying With The Canons' is the best book ever written!" He defended. "It is artistry, it is beautiful-" 

"Mate, shut up," groaned Harry. "Like, okay. It's good, but 'Quidditch If This: Possibilities' is so much better! Like, what if the Quaffle was sentient?" Harry argued. 

The two girls just smiled quizzically - Y/N had read those books, but she wasn't obsessed. 

"Anyway," said Y/N. "Care for a grape, you two?" She asked the boys. Ron shook is head, still going on about his choice of book. 

"Sure," Harry said, opening his mouth for Y/N to throw the grape into. She tossed it through the air and it landed straight in his mouth. 

"Score!" She exclaimed. "Go again! Go further," she said, rising from Hermione's lap. Y/N leaned against the trunk of the tree while Harry bit down on the grape with a crunch, put his hands in his robe pockets, then backed up. 

Y/N launched a second grape through the air, it hit him on the nose and bounced onto the ground. "Okay. That one didn't count. The wind was being stupid," said Y/N. 

"You're literally a witch. Just magic it into his mouth," Ron pointed out. 

"That takes all the fun out of it, Weasley," said Y/N. 

Harry laughed, looking at the grape on the ground. "I'm still gonna eat it," he said, bending down to pick it up. Harry pinched the grape between his fingers, bringing it steadily closer to his lips. 

Scrunching her nose up at him, Y/N said, "That is disgusting, Harry." She readied another grape. 

"It's only disgusting if you think it's disgusting," He responded sagely.