Chapter 17

You missed your friends dearly. It had been five weeks since you had seen them last.

There were only a few days left before third year began and you couldn't be more excited.

You tried to hide your excitement around your Aunt and Uncle, if anything was mentioned about Hogwarts or even magic in general, you usually either got hit or screamed at.

Someone kept ringing the doorbell, dragging you from your thoughts of your friends.

"Harry! Y/n! One of you get the door!" Aunt Petunia demanded.

You and Harry both made your way downstairs to answer the door.

You had both been getting closer over the summer and your relationship with your brother was almost back to normal.

Harry opened the door and in burst Uncle Vernon's sister, Marge. She shoved her wet umbrella in your face as she made her way into the living room with her ugly dog.

Uncle Vernon made his way down the stairs and he was about to pass you when you and Harry stopped him.

"Uncle Vernon, we need you to sign these forms," You said as you and Harry both pulled out a form each for Hogsmeade.

"What is it?" He grumbled.

"Nothing. School stuff," Harry quickly said.

"Later perhaps. If you both behave," he grunted as we reached the living room door.

"We will if she does," You spat gesturing to the large woman in the living room.

"Oh, you two are still here are you?" She sounded bored and disgusted.

"Yes," You and Harry both said.

"Don't say 'yes' in that ungrateful way. It was damn good of my brother to take you in. You would have been straight to an orphanage if you were left on my doorstep," She growled as she made her way to Dudley.

"Well it's a good thing we weren't left with her then isn't it Harry," You said under your breath and your brother silently laughed.

The night had been going smoothly. So far nothing had happened between you and Marge. She hated you more than she hated Harry.

The woman had kept her mouth shut so far and that meant you did too.

You were helping Harry clear the table and tuning out the conversation.

"What are you smirking at?" You heard her demand and saw her staring at Harry.

"Nothing," He mumbled.

"Where did you say you sent them both Vernon?" She asked her brother.

" St. Brutus's Secure Centre for Incurably Criminal Children. It's a first-rate institution for hopeless cases.," Uncle Vernon said.

You looked at Harry and you both looked at Uncle Vernon who glared at you, telling you to go along with it.

"And do they use a cane as St. Brutus's boy?" She asked Harry.

"Oh yes. I've been beaten loads of times," You could hear the sarcasm dripping from your brothers tongue and you had to squeeze the counter to stop yourself from laughing.

"Good. What about you, missy?" She spat.

"Me? Oh I've been beaten worse than him," You gestured to your brother with a slight smirk on your lips.

You would both be laughing right now if you could.

"Excellent. I won't have this nonsense about not beating those who deserve it," She rambled on. "Still, you shouldn't blame yourself about how these pair turned out. It's all to do with the blood. What did you say their father did Petunia?"