Chapter 2

The man walks into the hut to say the man looked homeless was an understatement. Both his hair and his beard were unkempt and his clothes looked like they hadn't been washed in weeks. "Sorry" Said the giant. "Couldn't make us a cup o'tea , could yeh? It's not been an easy journey..." He asked looking at Aunt Petunia. 

Both you and Harry just stood there staring at the giant of a man. Aunt Petunia went as white as a ghost and Uncle Vernon was redder than a tomato. "Now you listen here you big oaf.." Uncle Vernon started.

"Oh dry up Dursley you ol' prune, I'm not 'ere to speak to you. I'm 'ere for the twins." The man stated with his thick West Country accent. 

"Us?.." You and Harry stared blankly. Not being able to believe your eyes and ears. "What the hell do you want with us?" You ask in disbelief. 

"Don't you dare tell them anything!" Vernon demanded. "We swore when we took them in that we'd put a stop to all this rubbish and nonsense!" He spat.

"What nonsense? What's going on?" Yelled Harry.

"Ya mean ta tell me tha' they haven' told ya a thing?" Hagrid was shocked. You and Harry looked at each other and shook your heads. "Not a thing abou' anythin'? Abou' your mum and dad? Abou' you pair?" You shook your heads again. "Do you mean to tell me," he growled at the Dursleys. "That this pair - these children! - knows nothin' abou' - about ANYTHING?" He raged. 

"Hey!" You intervened "We know some things"

"Yeah we've been to school. We know maths and stuff" Harry shrugged. 

"About our world, I mean. Your world. My world. Yer' parents world." Hagrid said to you both sympathetically. 

"What world?" This was confusing the pair of you. "Just tell us what you mean?" You demanded. 

"But yeh must know about yer mum and dad, I mean, they're famous. You're famous. The pair of yas." He stammered in disbelief.

"You have the wrong people, I'm afraid. You see neither I nor my brother here are famous. And I'm certain our parents weren't famous-" You spoke up.

"Yeah they died in a car crash" finished Harry.

"A CAR CRASH! A car crash kill Lily an' James Potter?!" He was dumbfounded. "DURSLEY! You haven't told 'em nothin'?!" He bellowed.

"I demand that you leave at once! You have no business here! Your breaking and entering." Uncle Vernon had some how managed to find his voice once more "Don't you dare tell them anything" 

"You never told 'em? Never told 'em what was in the letter Dumbledore left fer 'em? I was there! I saw Dumbledore leave it, Dursley! An' you kept it from 'em all these years?" The giant man was trembling with what seemed like anger mixed with a little sadness at the revelation. 

"Kept what from us?" You and Harry shout in unison. 

"STOP! I FORBID YOU!" Vernon all but screamed at the man. 

"Ah shove it Dursley - yer wizards Harry and Y/N" He said with a smile. 

"WHAT?!" You yell while Harry's jaw was on the floor. Aunt Petunia gave a gasp of horror while Uncle Vernon's face was redder than it had ever gone in his life. 

*   *   *

The giant man, you now knew as Hagrid, went on to explain the wizarding world, your past, how your mum and dad were killed by You-Know-Who. How you and Harry were famous in the wizarding world. He also explained that Vernon and Petunia knew all about everything. 

"You knew!?" Harry yelled. You were both filled with rage. How could they lie to you about something like this? How could they lie about your parents death?

"You knew all this time and you didn't tell us!?" You demanded. 

"Of course we knew. How could you not be? My perfect sister being who she was." Aunt Petunia scoffed. "My mother and father were so proud the day she got her letter. "We have a witch in the family. Isn't it wonderful?" I was the only one to see her for what she was... a freak!" She said with disgust. "And then she met that Potter. And then she had you two, and I knew you would both be the same. Just as strange, just as... abnormal." The look on her face made you want to punch her even more with every passing second. "And then if you please, she went and got herself blown up, and we got landed with you pair." She spat the last words with as much hatred that she could muster.

"You son-of-a-" You lunged towards Petunia ready to hit the disgust and hatred right off her face. Harry grabbed your arm and tried pulling you back, but you were a little faster and stronger than him. You dodged Harry's grip but landed up in Hagrid's arms. "Hagrid let me go she deserves it!" 

"Calm yerself Y/N. Ya don' wanna be doin' stuff like tha' now d'ya? I'm 'ere to take ya ta Hogwarts." Hagrid cooed in your ear. It managed to calm you a little but not for long. 

"They ain't going and that's final." Uncle Vernon's voice and courage had been found once more. 

"Oh, and I suppose a great muggle like yourself's gonna stop them, are ya?" Hagrid challenged. 

"I AM NOT PAYING FOR SOME CRACKPOT OLD FOOL TO TEACH THEM MAGIC TRICKS!" Uncle Vernon yelled at the top of his voice. As soon as the words left his mouth he knew he would come to regret them. 

"NEVER -" Hagrid began "INSULT- ALBUS- DUMBLEDORE- INFRONT- OF- ME!" He bellowed. he grabbed his pink umbrella and pointed it at  Vernon's face. Uncle Vernon was trembling in his slippers now. "They are goin' ta Hogwarts an' they are goin' to be two o'the best wizards an' witches there is." Hagrid turned and walked out of the door that he had earlier broken down, he turned and noticed that you and Harry weren't behind him. "Well are ya comin' or are ya stayin' 'ere?" and with that you and Harry put on your shoes and headed out with Hagrid.