Chapter 5

You walked into Ollivanders with your brother right next to you. 

"Ah. The Potter twins." The man exclaimed. "I was wondering when I'd see you two." He finished with a smile. The man was quite old. He had white hair that was frizzing about everywhere which made him look similar to Isaac Newton, which made you smile. He had hazy silver eyes which seemed to be able to see deep within your soul. 

"You have your mother's eyes." he smiled. "You both do. It seems only yesterday she was in here herself, buying her first wand. Ten and a quarter inches long, swishy, made of willow. Nice wand for charm work." 

You really wanted him to blink. Those silver hazy eyes were really starting to creep you out. It sent a shiver down your spine. 

Harry had some trouble finding his wand but eventually, he ended up with an eleven-inch holly wand with a phoenix feather. The twin wand to Voldemort's wand. You never understood why everyone was scared to say his name. 

"Miss Y/n your wand is next. Remember the wand chooses the wizard." He reminded you. You tried out a few wands but none of them felt right. You watched as Ollivander went to the back of his shop to retrieve more wands. 

When he came back out he looked at you with a slightly worried look. You didn't know what that look meant and you weren't exactly sure you wanted to find out.

 He opened the box and handed you the wand. It felt good in your hand. When he told you to give it a try you did and the wand responded perfectly. The worried look was still on Ollivander's face when he spoke next. 

"Well, I guess you found your wand, Miss Potter." His voice was shaking and you couldn't take it anymore.

"Why do you seem so worried that this wand choose me?" You asked him in a curious tone. 

"That wand is rumoured to be the only one of its kind in existence." He replied with a shake of his head. 

"What does that mean?" Harry asked. 

"It is rumoured that that wand was created by Salazar Slytherin himself. It's a twelve-inch snake-wood wand with a basilisk horn core." He breathed. 

"Who's Salazar Slytherin?" You asked. But before Ollivander could reply, Hagrid opened the door and told you both to meet him outside. 

Ollivander wrapped both your wands and you left. Hagrid was outside waiting for you with two cages with a cloth covering each of them.

"'Appy Birthday you two." He said as he handed you a cage each. You both removed the cloth to see that he had given you both an owl each. Harry's Owl was as white as snow and had black dots covering his wings and chest. 

Your owl was a female and pure black. It was darker than the night sky and it had emerald green eyes. "Oh my god, Hagrid. Thank you so much." You gushed. You decided to name your owl Ebony because of the colour of her fur. 

It was time to go and catch the train to Hogwarts. As you got to the station you saw kids with the same supplies as you running through a wall. You thought it was strange but when they didn't hit the wall but went through it, you both decided it best you follow. 

You and Harry sat in a compartment together on your own. A few minutes later, a small boy came to the door, he had a round face and red hair. 

"Anyone else sitting here?" he asked shyly. "Everywhere else is full." Harry smiled and offered him a seat. 

The redhead, whose name was Ron, sat next to Harry while you were opposite your brother. 

"My name is Harry and that's my sister Y/n," He pointed towards you. You gave Ron a small smile and a wave as his eyes went wide and his cheeks turned pink. 

"Harry and Y/n? As in, the Potter twins? The twins who lived?" Rushed Ron. You rolled your eyes and closed them as Harry ended up in a deep conversation with the new boy. 

Half an hour later a young girl came to the door making you open your eyes. She had shoulder-length brown hair and seemed as though she was looking for something. 

"Have any of you seen a toad? This boy Neville has lost his. Again." She asked in a bossy tone of voice. You overheard the boys talking to her and they introduced her to you.

"Are you really the Potter twins?" said Hermione. "I know all about you, of course -- I got a few extra books, for background reading, and you're in Modern Magical History and The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts and Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century."

"Are we?" You asked. You didn't know just how famous you and your brother really were. 

"Goodness, didn't you know, I'd have found out everything I could if it was me," said Hermione. "Do either of you know what house you'll be in? I've been asking around, and I hope I'm in Gryffindor, it sounds by far the best; I hear Dumbledore himself was in it, but I suppose Ravenclaw wouldn't be too bad... Anyway, we'd better go and look for Neville's toad." 

After she had told you all you should change into your robes, bossily, she gave you her name and she left. 

"I don't like that Hermione girl," You thought as you entered the compartment in your Hogwarts robes. She had got you thinking though. "What house am I gonna be put in? Would I be in the same house as my brother?" You thought as the train pulled into the station.

The train stopped and all the kids got off. You lost your brother in the crowd but spotted Hagrid at the front. 

"Firs' years!" He called. "All firs' years this way!" You still couldn't see your brother but someone bumped into you from behind. You spun around to see a girl who was about a head shorter than you and she had a brown bob with brown eyes. 

"I am so sorry. I'm Pansy Parkinson." She said. She held her hand out to you and you shook it. 

"I'm Y/n Potter." You both smiled and walked along with the other first years.