𝟏𝟒

𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐠

𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐠

y/n

we followed may into and through her house. after a few moments, we made to the back door. she kicked it open and led us to a storage shed in the back corner of the yard.

"oh, yeah, i got one of these too." peter said. "a little old shed where i keep my spider-gear,"

may pulled out a key and unlocked it. then the lock lit up and spread around the shed in the shape of a spider. it opened to an elevator. may smirked at us and motioned for us to follow.

god, i love this lady.

i looked back at peter, who was busy rolling his eyes as he followed.

"this place is pretentious," he muttered.

the elevator lowered us down.

the space it led to was huge, and lit up, displaying all of my dimension's peter's spiderman gear and tech.

"whoa.."

did you know he had a spidercar? and a motorcycle? because i didn't.

i was in awe of the whole place. "is your place anything like this?" i asked peter. he answered straight away. "mine was like this," he started pointing around. "but take away the jeep, the plane. imagine it way smaller. imagine a futon. i feel sad for this guy."

behind us, a collection of suits lit up in their cases. gabriel and i looked at them from opposite ends. peter was looking at something else. a framed picture of something. or i guess someone.

i couldn't tell who or what it was, and i wasn't going to pester him about it. so i continued to look at the suits.

and it just so happened the one i was looking at had a cape.

"hey, peter," i whispered. "i think this is a cape." i said in a playful manner. he looked back at me and chuckled. i counted it as a win.

gabriel's eyes shifted between peter and me. i caught his gaze for a split second before he looked away. i continued to look at the other suits.

soon enough, i was standing before the original spider suit.

honestly, it felt like something sacred. like i shouldn't even be standing there in front of it. i didn't match up. couldn't match up.

but i knew i had to try.

because if i didn't, no one would.

"peter knew how dangerous the job was." may spoke. she was staring at a wall, decorated with pictures of kingpin and his goons, set up like in the crime shows. we all walked up to it.

"kingpin knows we're coming." i weighed the pros and cons in my head. "we're going to be outnumbered."

may smirked. "don't be so sure." we all looked at her, questioning. what did she mean by that?