𝟎𝟖

𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧

y/n

by now, i was in an alley 'collecting research' on spiderman. and by that, i mean reading his comic books.

one of the pages showed him standing on the edge of a building, looking down at the street below him. i looked at the building in the book, then at the one across the street from me. they looked the same.

so, with a newfound confidence, i entered the building and ran up the flights of stairs.

once i was through the doors to the roof, i walked to the edge of the building and looked down. i looked forward and tried to prepare myself, but ended up looking down again.

...

yeah, i'm not doing this.

so i took my as right back down those stairs.

back on the street, i tried looking around  for different, maybe less lethal options. and luckily, there was a small building right next to the one i just left from.

so i entered the building, and trekked up the stairs to the roof.

i stretched my arms and legs before rolling my neck with a determined look. then, i went for it. getting a running start, i made a beeline for the building across the street.

and it was going good.. until i tripped on my shoelace.

one tumble was all it took to mess me up completely. my jump turned into a tumble, and i went from a flag, to cable lines, to a brick wall, a sign, a literal cab, then finally to the ground.

a laid there for a moment, hoping the aches in my body would go away, but then i remembered.

the override key.

i pulled it out my pocket to find it broken. i slumped back to the ground. "shit," i muttered.

eventually i did get up, but by the time i reached my destination, it was dark out.

i faced peter parker's grave somber. the lights emitting from the subway and the buildings across the street cast a somewhat red light on the cemetery. i lifted the mask off my face.

"..i'm sorry, mr. parker. that key you gave me.. i think i really messed up.." my voice cracked. "i want to do what you asked, i really really do. but i'm sorry.. i don't think i can.. i can't do this without you."

then i realized a shadow creeping up behind me. the adrenaline kicked in. i hurried to put my mask back on as i turned around to see who was behind me.

"hey, kid.." they started, but by the time my hand hit his arm, some type of shock went through him, sending him flying back with a quick scream.

and that wasn't even the only thing.

a web, and actual web had connected to my shirt, pulling me forward.

after getting up from getting planted into the snow, i looked at the guy lying in the snow, shocked. no pun intended.

"what did i do to him..?!" i whispered to myself.

i stood up, and assessed the web connected to my shirt.

wait, wait, wait!

this didn't make any sense.

i looked at the guy again. he looked to be in his forties maybe. he looked just like peter parker.. except his hair was brown instead of blond.

then i felt the tingling feeling. the same one i felt when i met spiderman.

i looked closer. he had a web shooter on his wrist.

my question was: if spiderman was dead, then who exactly was in front of me?