𝟏𝟖

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐛𝐨𝐬𝐬; 𝐲/𝐧 𝐯 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐩𝐢𝐧

y/n

gabriel and peter watched with stunned, yet proud faces as i jumped and swung to the control panel, landing graceful as a ballerina as i reached my destination.

i breathed out, "that was crazy." with a smile on my face. i just did that!

with no more enemies (for now at least), i could finally place the override key in its slot and end this for good. so i did just that. the controls appeared in front of me.

"guys, i got control of the beam! get up here!"

"alert! quantum polarity has been reversed."

hearing that, i knew that the scientists and everyone behind the scenes would work against what we were trying to do. especially kingpin. i could practically feel his anger from test room.

the others met me at the control panel.

"guess this is it." gabriel said. i pulled my mask up.

"well," peni began. "it's nice to know we're not alone. right?"

"yeah."

i fiddled with the controls as they spoke. "okay, i got the portal open," i looked towards the spiders i've grown to trust and admire. "you first, peni."

"thank you, y/n." she lifted her arm. her spider crawled from her shoulder to her forearm. "from both of us."

she saluted us before jumping off of noir's back and falling into the portal.

"i, uh, love you all." noir said. he lifted a rubik's cube up and stared at it. "i'm taking this cube thing with me. i don't understand it. but i will." he too gave us a salute before jumping down into the portal.

ham was next. he walked up to me carrying his hammer. "i want you to have this. it'll fit in your pocket." i reluctantly took it. "thanks."

"that's all, folks." ham said before comically floating down into the portal back home.

"is he allowed to say that? legally?" peter muttered.

i have no idea.

i turned to gabriel. it was his turn now. "do i get to like your hair now?"

he took off his mask and chuckled. "you know i'm older than you. 15 months, but it's pretty significant if you ask me."

"well.. einstein said time was relative, right?"

gabriel turned forward, smiling as he did so. "nice."

then came a quiet moment of us just looking at each other, feeding off each others energy. his pretty blue eyes clouded with something i couldn't read. but whatever it was, it made me feel a plethora of things.