𝟎𝟓

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝

y/n

i shot up off the floor, and changed into some different clothes as quickly as humanly possible. the only thing i knew i had to do was go back to those tracks, and find the spider.

i ran, and i ran through the sidewalk, trying to call my uncle.

"come on, uncle aaron, pick up. pick up!"

"yo, it's aaron. i'm outta town for a few days, i'll hit you when i'm back. peace." said his voicemail.

'no, no, no, no, no, no! it's not possible!'

i couldn't think straight. too much was happening. my hands were stuffed in my pockets as i ran down the street.

'it's just a bad dream.' i told myself. 'it's a normal spider, and i'm a normal kid!'

i ran across the street, but didn't notice the taxi cruising forward. it began to skid to a stop just as it was about to hip me, but to my surprise, i pushed myself up, and flipped over the car, landing perfectly on the other side of it. a few people clapped, and even cheered. i just got up and kept running.

i stopped in the park. my breaths were heavy, and uncontrolled, and i wanted to cry. i moved stray curls from may face, and wiped loose tears from my cheeks. i sat at the nearest bench i could find.

"this can't be happening.."

i tried to call uncle aaron again. no answer, just his voicemail. i wanted to scream.

i'd spent the next two hours just sitting at that bench, collecting my thoughts. but i couldn't stay forever. i had to get down to those tracks.

but not without a quick stop to the bodega.

𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩! 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭..

it had gotten dark when i finally built up the courage to get on the subway.

'i gotta tell someone..'

i scrolled through the list of contacts in my phone, and stopped at dad's. i started to call. but them i remembered. i know my father. he hates spiderman. what if me being like spiderman makes him hate me? i don't want to risk that. so i hund up the phone, and slid it back into the pocket of my jacket.

in that very moment, the train slowed to a halt. it was time to find out.

i got off the train and watched as a group of people got on. when it pulled off to its next stop, i looked in the direction of mine.

"you're being crazy, y/n. you're being crazy." i reassured myself in a whisper before treading onto the path before me.

"find the spider." i told myself, scanning the dark tunnel with my phone flashlight. "you'll see."