Chapter 8

"Sister, where are you going?"

It was a bright Monday. Esella, descending the stairs, sparkled her eyes upon seeing Olivia.

Today, Olivia's face, adorned in a rich green dress, seemed particularly radiant.

Such a face was seen only on her weekly Wednesday appointments with the crown prince.

Olivia spoke nonchalantly.

"Just, I have a place to go for a while."

"Just, Miss? You were on your way out for a date requested specifically by His Highness the Crown Prince."

On behalf of Olivia, Sally boasted.

"My goodness! His Highness the Crown Prince must really like you, Sister. I knew it!"

Esella, who dashed down the stairs in one breath, had a look full of confidence, and Olivia gave a small laugh.

"Sister...."

Suddenly, Esella moaned.

"Hmm?"

"You really look so pretty when you smile, Sister! If you smile like this, won't His Highness the Crown Prince fall for you once more today?"

"That's right! Miss, your smiling face is just like a fairy's!"

Listening to Esella's affectionate words, followed by Sally's praising, Olivia didn't know how to respond, feeling shy.

A soft, sparkly, hot, and sweet sensation continually rose in a corner of her heart. It was like cotton candy, too sweet.

If only Leopold would look at me the same way.

Observing Olivia quietly, Esella suddenly sighed.

"Sister."

"Hmm?"

"Sister, although dark colors look good on you, bright and cheerful colors will also suit you well. Let's go dress shopping together next time!"

Sally eagerly nodded along.

"That's right, Miss. You always like dark colors, but bright and splendid things will look pretty on you too."

Olivia smiled vaguely, fiddling with the hem of her dress. An old memory she had written in her diary about Leopold came to mind.

"A princess doesn't suit bright types."

A comment Leopold made to her at the age of fourteen during their engagement ceremony, dressed in a white dress. Returning home, Olivia sealed away the white dress, never to wear bright- colored dresses again.

"Um, how about this?"

Esella suddenly pulled out a pink necklace adorned with a gem, putting it around Olivia's neck.

Without a chance to refuse, Esella pushed Olivia towards the entrance.

"Look. Sister, you look good in bright things like this, right? Have a good time and tell me all about the date! Okay?"

Before leaving, Olivia looked back at Esella and after a long hesitation, said,

"...Thank you for lending it to me. I'll be back soon."

Esella smiled brightly.

She waved her hand until Olivia's carriage was out of sight. She then told her personal maid Veronica,

"It's a secret that I lent my sister the necklace. You know?"

If the other sisters knew, they would tease Olivia.