"Well - then I would've killed you, yea," I admit which makes his smirk grow as he inhales the smoke. He loves the feeling of that, I don't know why, the feeling of something hurting him just for his body to heal it instantly. He liked the pain from it. 

"Even then, my eyes were white and my hair black, blood stained my clothing and hands. Yet you did not look at me like a monster," I state. "Why?"

His eyebrows crease together as if I had said something confusing. 

"You still looked beautiful, Valeria, even then," he says.

It pains me a little bit each time he cannot say my name. But I know that I couldn't tell him. If somebody else spoke my name, not only would it kill me, but also them. Maybe he can resist the voices telling him to kill me. But I doubted if he could stop them from saying my name.

I looked out at the water that our room oversaw. I did not understand how he still found me beautiful that night. 

I laugh slightly as I remember something. He looked at me, waiting for me to explain what I found so funny.

"Remember the last time we were here, you sang that song for me?" he rolls his eyes the instant I say it. "You got up on those stairs and sang that song for me with the townspeople - and don't act like you don't remember, because I literally gave you your memories back."

"You used mind control," he shakes his head.

"This was before I could do that," I say. 

"I was being romantic, alright? As romantic as somebody could be back then," he defends himself which makes me laugh more.

"Alright, since you're so fond of bringing up embarrassing memories. What about when you fell off that horse and landed in the pig shit?" 

"Hey! You promised me you'd never bring that up again!" I shout as I shove his chest. His smile only grows at this. 

And as much as I did not want to smile, I still did. I couldn't help it. All I had wanted was a life with Adonis Priest. I did not care that he was a demon and I an angel. I did not care that our love was forbidden. I did not care that any other angel and demon who ever had a relationship were killed for it. And I finally felt like I had it after so many years.  

As I stood with him on this patio with the beach below us, I dreaded going back home tomorrow. There were no obligations there, we didn't have to return if we didn't want to, but with how much we had been moving around lately I wanted to be somewhere calm for a while. Everything felt good.

I just hope it stays that way.

𓆩♡𓆪

As I brew the coffee in the kitchen that feels like home, I look out the window and watch Adonis as he does the yard work. More specifically, I look at the fact that he's shirtless. I watch as he tosses the wood over and ignore the bitter smell telling me the coffee is done.

"Finally back?" I hear her say and my blood feels cold. "How was your late honeymoon, Luella?"

"Leave me alone," I say to myself, but it's directed to her. "I'm happy here with Adonis."

"But Luella, how could you be happy when the entire school is after you?" she questions.

I turn away from the window so that he can't see my lips moving. I question, "What are you talking about?"

"The school knows what you are, and they're coming for you," she tells me. "You need to act first. Kill them before they kill you."

I shake my head, "No, they aren't coming for me. How would they know what I am, anyway?"

"A vampire with ties to The Underworld has told them everything," she tells me. "They are going to find you, Luella, and soon. The only way to save yourself is to kill them all."

I jump as the front door opens and Adonis enters the kitchen. He looks confused. He says softly, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

I swallow. I tell him while trying to act normal, "It's fine - my fault."

"Daydreaming about me?" he smirks.

"No," I quickly say. 

I try and act annoyed as he walks closer to me but I can't. He smiles once he sees me smile. In the kitchen filled with sunlight which smells like coffee, he leans down and kisses me, and I kiss him back. 

"Do not forget what I told you, Luella," she whispers once again as my lips move with his. "Before it's too late."

Word Count: 1514