Chapter 1

As the icy waters closed over my head, rage and regret flooded my veins. I fought to keep myself awake. As I slowly regained consciousness, my vision blurred, and I felt a wave of pain running rampant through my body.

Thoughts raced wildly through my mind as the right side of my face stung. Lying there in the deafening silence, my thoughts spiraled out of control.

The quietness surrounding me devoured the little bit of sanity I had left. Left alone with my inner demons, the noise of my darkest thoughts grew louder and louder. Fear crept over me, but I no longer had the strength to fight. I surrendered to the darkness, knowing this was where I belonged; it's what I deserved.

They say your life flashes before your eyes at the moment of death. Mine should have made a hell of a movie. But my so-called fabulous life now seemed like a cruel joke.

I had it all - designer clothes, elite social circles, the latest gadgets, enrollment at the top university, reigning popularity status, loyal friends, and a loving boyfriend. I had worked so hard to prove my worth and become the head of the family business.

But I was cold, prideful, self-absorbed, too rotten and spoiled to realize what really mattered. It was so clear to me now; I didn't know how I could have missed it! I was a selfish bitch, and my spiteful actions were the nails in the charred metal coffin I lay in today.

Don't get me wrong, HE bore responsibility for how everything played out. But ultimately, it was my hands that pushed everyone over the edge.

I was an idiot. I would have happily crawled on my knees begging for forgiveness if I could. My memories crashed over me with frightening clarity now that the end was near. I let them wash over me, soaking in each bitter moment.

My eyes were closing, but I resisted, not wanting to miss a thing. Blood pooled around me, mixing softly with the water in beautiful shapes before fading away. Then came the sudden, staggering pain of water filling my lungs, though it was nothing compared to the regret shredding what was left of my humanity.

My heightened senses took in the fading smell of gasoline from the wrecked car, the sound of metal yielding to the current. The river embraced me in its freezing, rippling grasp, almost comforting in a way. Sensations cascaded over me like a symphony reaching its crescendo. Everything sounded so magnificent and glorious. Bravo, Maestro!

Moments ago, the silence had terrified me, but now it wrapped around me like a warm blanket, beckoning me to let go. The promise of peace - no more pain, no more sorrow, no more guilt - reminded me this would all be over soon.

And HE? He would emerge victorious for now, unbowed by the secrets that proved my undoing. But I departed this world with a silent vow - whenever we meet again, be it in this reality or the next, I shall have my retribution.

This was the end.

The end of my life.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Authors Note: Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by! 🥰 I just wanted to take a moment to say how much I appreciate it

Authors Note: Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by! 🥰 I just wanted to take a moment to say how much I appreciate it. Your support means the world to me! 🙏

I reaaly enjoy interacting with my readers so don't hesitate to share your thoughts in the comments. Your feedback helps me understand how you're feeling as readers and what I can do to make the story even better for you.

Thank you again for being so amazing! I can't wait to hear what you think of the next chapter! 📖💫 #GratefulAuthor #ReaderComments #FeedbackWelcome