Chapter 8

After a few days of the festival, Ansh Ashi and Riya were sitting at their usual spot in the canteen. 

"Finally, it feels like the craziness of the festival has been washed away." Ashi said while sighing

"Except for one thing," Ansh said while glaring at Riya.

"What? Why are you looking at me? And where's Yash?" Riya was unaware of the things going on.

"Yeah, I don't. I have seen him since the night of the festival," Ashi said.

"Oh, look, speak of the devil." Riya was the first one to notice Yash walking towards the group. He usually takes a seat by Riya, but today he asked Ashi to move so he could sit next to Ansh.

"What happened? Where did you disappear on the night of the  festival?" Riya seemed genuinely worried for him. 

"Nothing, I was just tired, so I went home," he said nonchalantly without even sparing a glance at her.

"At least you should've been informed before leaving."

"So what? I don't think it's necessary; we have to share every single thing with each other, right?" He said it in a condescending tone, his eyes filled with rage and emotions he had never shown before.

"Riya, come with me for a second." She felt weird but just followed Yash to a quiet place.

"He's not right for you." Riya was shocked. She knew whom he was talking about; how did he know? "Look, I know you have heard those rumours, but you don't know him like I do."

"And just how long have you known him? Look, I know you so well, and I know what you deserve, but he is not that person."

That agitated something in Riya: "Oh, so you know what's right for me, but I don't?"

"Just listen to me and cut him off."
"No, you can't tell me what to do."

"Then choose; it's either him or our friendship."

Riya was too hot in her head to think straight anymore. "I never thought you'd be the one making me do this; I am not going to choose, and if you have so much trouble with me dating Shubh, feel free to walk out."

Yash was shocked by that response; he thought she would at least think about his opinions. He was hurt more than that festival night. And just as she said, he walked out.