Chapter 2

The place brings them all a sense of comfort, and they sat there wondering and talking about their college lives.

"We'll join the same classes and never let anyone come in between us, promise?" Ansh said it in a sombre voice.

"What are we, kids?" Yash's scepticism and practicality only added to his charm.

"Promise!" Riya said, her gaze observing her surroundings.

"Promise!" Yash joined

After hanging out there for a few hours when the sky turned dark they started towards their own home. Riya went on a different direction on her paddle cycle than Yash and Ansh.

Ansh and Yash both riding on Ansh's bike were now only by themselves on an isolated path. Ansh saw this as a golden opportunity to inquire about the growing feelings of Yash towards Riya.

Yash was driving the bike and Ansh pinched him on from backseat, "Aye you got a death wish or what? Why'd you do that?"

"You know I smelled something fishy today" Ansh said trying to round about the topic.

"Told you to have less tuna dude, now bear it silently" The aloofness of Yash was one thing Ansh always lost his patience to.

"You like Riya don't you?" Yash pulled the brake so suddenly that they almost crashed. They both got off the bike and stood on the sideways.

"What? Who Riya?" Yash fumbled over his while trying to avoid eye contact.

And to this Ansh glared at him and Yash interpreted it as a you know who gaze.

"Why did you jump to this conclusion?" Yash was still avoiding his gaze.

"You think I am blind? I can read through your eyes what your mouth couldn't put into words" Yash was fondling the corner of his shirt and with a shaky confidence,

"You must be blind to see what isn't there; and we're just friends" Yash quickly turned his back and got on the bike, "now hop on we're already getting so late"

They both headed towards their home and Ansh started humming a song,

"Dil ye dhokha dhadi kardega socha na tha

itni ye gadbadi kardega socha na tha"