Chapter 6

The four of them reached a cafe together, and when the three headed towards the entrance, Ansh was circling around the bike. It wasn't new to Riya and Yash, but Ashi couldn't help but wonder

"What's this lunatic doing?"

"His bike is very precious to him; he must be checking if it's safe and sound." Yash replied in a nonchalant voice.

"His bike???"

"Yeah, that's his bike; he never lets anyone touch it, not even me. I wonder what the special occasion was today."

It was new and a little hard to grasp for Ashi; she could never imagine Ansh being emotionally attached to a human, let alone a bike, but she still wasn't stupid enough to not know what this gesture meant.

The group went into the cafe, and just as they got seated, Ashi said,

"I feel like we should take a trip on the holidays after the semester ends."

"Oh, I am totally on board with this one." Riya joined excitedly. 

"Where should we go though?" unexpectedly, but Yash also seemed positive about this idea.

"Um, a hill station?" Ansh chipped in. 

"Oh, that totally gives off the feel of Yeh Jawani Hai Diwani." It doesn't take long for Ashi to daydream.

"Oh, come on, I know I look good, but comparing me to Ranbir Kapoor? Oh, you flatter me."

"Hahaha, what a joke, but that aside, we should really make this happen, okay?"

"Yeah, we'd focus on it around the semester end, but for now, let's talk about the college festival."

Ashi noticed something weird while they were busy talking and didn't hesitate to point it out right there: "Yash, if you're not too busy staring at Riya already, can you tell us what's the outfit you're going to wear to the festival?"

Yash diverted his gaze and straightened his posture. "I wasn't staring or anything; I was just wondering what performances would be there at the festival."

They were busy chattering and daydreaming about the college fest for the next few hours. 

"Man it's getting late I gotta go home now, let's go Ansh" Yash said when everyone started getting up except Riya,

"You guys go ahead i have to discuss something real quick with Ansh" with that being said both Yash and Ashi goes to the parking lot and Riya without missing a beat asks Ansh,

"Is there something going on with Yash?" 

"What do you mean" a confused Ansh asks in a genuine tone

"Haven't you noticed? He's been acting a little weird especially around me so i just wanted to know if there was anything he shared about it with you?" Riya asks with a pinch of excitement and nervousness in her voice 

Ansh knew what she was getting at but he knew better to say something before Yash confesses his feelings himself so he did what any friend would do, "No I don't know anything about that"

Riya almost looked dejected which Ansh took as a positive sign. He felt glad that the feeling of both of them was growing towards each other, there wouldn't exist a pair as perfect as them. He just wished they both had the courage to proudly accept and confess their feelings to each other and before that happened he couldn't get in between that process.

Both of them then followed Yash and Ashi to their respective homes and called it a day.

On the day of the festival, the college was busy, never like before. No one could tell there were this many students in the college on a normal working day.

The air was filled with the smell of daisy used in the decorations, and the testing of the sound system had all students covering their ears. Faculties were busy managing and administering the troubling students, creating fuss.
In the midst of all this, two well-dressed guys were waiting for their girls in the parking lot. They were busy chatting about the games they were up playing last night when a soft and gentle cough made them turn around, which left them shocked. The guys couldn't believe what they were saying—two gorgeous women standing in front of them with only a little sense of familiarity left in their appearance.
Yash stood bewildered at that moment and didn't know what to say. Whatever adjective he would use couldn't hold his emotions, and before he could think of anything, Riya complimented him, "You look charming."
"Just him? What about me?" For a second, Ansh looked genuinely worried.
"You're quite well dressed today as well." Ashi didn't try to hide her thoughts.
That made his cheeks red.