Chapter 6

(Harvey's POV)

Walking steadily along with the sidewalk in parking area, I reach my office building, slipping inside. The security guard salutes at me, I barely Acknowledged him, catching a put-off look on his face as I enter the elevator. He shouldn't be surprised.......

It's not as if I'm a normally chatty person. And I find it completely unnecessary and highly ridiculous. We know you exists. We just saw each other every day. Just another way for human beings to validate themselves. To feel seen.

Exiting the elevator, I walk down the hall Swiftly, ignored every single greetings from employees. Pushing open the glass door of my office to do work, though, it's unavoidable. Entering my office, I close the door behind me, I take a seat at my desk, powering on my computer monitor and clicking around my emails until there's a knock at the door. "Come in."
Louis saunters in with Fox (who's are info guy and one of our old friend), following at his heels. He closes the door firmly behind them and lock the door before turning to look at me, hand crossed against his chest.
" Is there something you need to tell me, Harvey?

I look at him directly in the eyes. "I don't know. What do you want me to tell you?"

"I don't know", Louis say, still standing by the door. "Something about how you again went against my decision and asked Fox to search about her when I clearly say No to you?"

"Oh that, You're welcome. And you know I just get an email from those old geezer's manager they accept our project, by the way did you find any lead against uncle Robert?"

Louis's eyes are cold as they regard me. "Don't try to change the subject, Harvey. What should I be thank you for?"

"Getting rid of that extra burden of gathering information about her, of course." I say as I click open my other thirty five unread emails.

Fox laughs. "You literally just shift the burden to me. I'm the one who have to do all the hard work for you Louis."

"Shut up fox. Tell me more about how should I be thanking you for this miraculous gesture of yours when clearly say No to you."

"What's wrong with that Louis."  Fox says, sounding delighted." It's just a little snooping we are not gonna kidnap her or something." William's hand goes to the back of Fox neck, and he squeezes hard. Fox hissed in pain. "Why the hell do you want every single information about her, Harvey?"

I sigh and lean on my hand, "Isn't it obvious, Louis? I want to know everything about her. Now that I decided to make a move on her."
"No your not doing that."
"Why not?"
Louis releases Fox, and says, "For fuck's sake, Harvey. She suffers enough already, don't make it more worst for her."
"Excuse me! Is that any of your business, what I do in my personal life?" I stare at Fox, who only grins widely at me. That's making me more irritating.
"I think it's my business. Louis says curtly.
No, it's not. Your business is to follow my orders but unfortunately you only follow my father's order more than mine and I make her life worst or best it's definitely shouldn't be your concern."

"Are you out of your mind, Harvey?" He's trying very hard to stay clam towards me.
"In my defense". I say, "I'm not messing with her and going to make her life worst. I just want to know about her. So, stop judging me with my past hookups."

"I'm not judging you." Louis says stiffly, in the way he always does when he's absolutely judging someone. "But it's hard to trust you. And I know I can't stop you but that doesn't mean I let you do whatever you want."

"Well, whatever you said doesn't gonna make me change my mind on her."

"Okay guy's, so, this will sound crazy, Fox says, mostly because I'm the one saying it. But. I think Louis you should let him do what he wants, maybe she's the one who can able change him."
Seriously change me.... I'm not a fucking wallpaper of her phone screen that she can change with one swipe. Fox is really need a doctor.
Louis sighs," Fuck........okay. But don't you even think about doing something stupid. And I'm seriously don't trust you, so I'm gonna keep my eyes on you. "

Fox grins at me and gave a file to me and says, "the information you want and please don't disturb me again for this kind of stupid work again. "

"Listen Harvey do whatever you want but don't forget to go tomorrow's family dinner your father have something important to discuss to you." Louis says calmly.
"And harvey , Fox says, actually she work in the same company that your....." my phone starts ringing and guess what it's my mother.

Oh for fuck's sake.
Taking a deep breath, i mumble. Go back to your work guy's.
My phone rings again and I pick it up reluctantly. "Mother."
"Good afternoon, Harvey," her voice comes over as always in standard tone. All business,no fondness.
"How are you doing?" I ask,
"I'm well", she replies. "I wanted to make sure you're coming for tomorrow's dinner or not."
My eyes closed, and my head drop forward.
"Mother, I'm actually very busy."
"You work too much", she scolds. As it she doesn't also work too much.

We all do.  Work is a personality trait in our family.

"Your father and I would like you to come to tomorrow's dinner", she goes on, the dissatisfaction working it's way through her words. "Your uncle will be here as well."

Ofcourse he will.

Sucking it up, I murmured, "sure I'll be there. Should I bring anything?"
"No, just come. Your father really have something important to tell you," my mother adds, and I can hear the smirk in her voice.
"See you tomorrow, Harvey. Six p.m. sharp."
And she hangs up.

Releasing my death grip on the phone, I place it down, and leans back on the chair.

Now what in the world this old man wants From me..........and to be honest I'm really not in a fucking mood to be a part of this happy family game they want to play tomorrow.

What do you think guy's what's gonna happen at tomorrow's dinner..... please support my work ❤️ and let me know what do think about this chapter.....