"Stop trying to show off no one cares!"

"He didn't even say anything bad!"

"You can't understand him!" She could see people flailing their arms as she walked through the living area. When she turned the corner she saw the group of people in the kitchen.

"Ayden!" Blair threw her hands in the air. "Ayden's here!"

"Ayden?" Chaos turned around from the fridge surprised. "Hey, kid, what are you doing here?"

"I can ask everyone else the same?" She looked around at the others. Esme, Blair, a girl and a boy with brown hair and a dark-skinned boy. Each of them looked older than her.

"They are seeking sanctuary," Chaos explained. "Are you here to kill them?"

"No, I'm here to see whose side they are on?" She stared at the three she didn't know. "Names?"

"What the hell is your problem?" The girl snapped. "I don't have to tell you anything."

"Lottie," The boy warned. "My name is Dean Monroe and this is my sister Charlotte."

"I'm Knox Ripley," The other boy answered. "Son of Hypnos."

"Hephaestus," Dean explained. "You're Ayden Rivera." He looked at her arms where she bore the branding and scars.

"None of you took any brandings right?" She asked them. Knox held up his arms showing that they were bare.

"We aren't that stupid," Charlotte scoffed. "Only you." She took a bite of her apple. Her brother glared at her.

"We should talk," Chaos added. Aion came from the backroom with a box of chips. "These are all I found." Ayden wanted to smile, but she didn't.

The other conduits moved toward the box searching through it like little children ready for snack time. Aion and Chaos finally got the children they wanted. Ayden walked into the living room with Chaos as she sat down. She patted the seat beside her.

"I want you to know that we wouldn't do anything to cause you harm, we just wanted to help you."

"I know," Ayden sat down. "I know that."

"You know the gods are going to come after you right?"

"They won't touch me," Ayden picked at her nails. Chaos reached over and took her hand. There was a pain in Ayden's chest, but she let her hold her hand.

"They will once you aren't of any use to them, anymore," Chaos gripped her hand in both of hers. "You need to look after yourself."

"I have to save my friends or else this was for nothing." Ayden reasoned, but Chaos shook her head.

"I think you and I both know even if you wanted to there isn't any way to save Ki now, you have to honour his memory."

"I have to try, I owe him that."

"Then sure, try, but they will come for you Ayden, don't trust them," Chaos explained.

"I don't trust anyone, not anymore." Ayden looked over meeting her eyes. "Not even you." Her face broke as she pulled her hands back.

"That's smart of you," She nodded. "I understand where you are coming from, but we have to talk about protecting you."

"Are you going to protect me?" They sat in silence.

"I try, but I can't protect you from everything," Chaos's eyes watered. Ayden narrowed her eyes confused. She didn't understand why she was getting so emotional. "We can talk about that later, but for now let's go meet the others for now."