"Ah, I see," She pursed her lips. She was staring at him, but suddenly her vision blurred. Her grip loosened, but Percy didn't let her go.

"Ayden?" She blinked several times as her body went limp. Percy guided her as they both moved toward the shore. "Ayden, hey." He pulled her into his lap as they rested on shore. He held her face gently.

"It's—." She blacked out.

"Ayden." He pulled her closer to him. She was in her sports bra and shorts, her skin was cold to the touch. A horrifying thought crossed his mind. That maybe this was it, this was the last time he would speak with her, that he would get to hold her. Ayden took a deep breath and opened her eyes for a moment. She winced slightly as she tried to move. "Ayden, hey, hey, it's okay, I've got you."

"Percy," She whispered. Her body shuddered as she slowly wrapped her arms around him.

"Are you okay?" She didn't respond, but he could feel the slight shake of her shoulders as she fought the urge to cry. Percy had no idea what was going on with her, but he was scared for her. He hated not knowing, she liked to keep things from him. "Ayden?"

"I'm okay," She tightened her hold around his neck. "I'm okay, I'm sorry." Percy let out a long sigh as he held her closer.

"If there is something wrong, you would tell me right?" Ayden hesitated.

"Yeah. I'm fine just all this use of the markings is draining."

He knew she was lying and that pained him. It wasn't the fact that she wouldn't tell him, it was the fact that she wouldn't tell him because she knew he would worry. Which meant it was bad. There were only a few other things that she wouldn't tell him before this. Like her scars, when her father unclaimed her, and then the gods sent out a kill order for her.

"We'll be okay." They both leaned back. Ayden wiped away her tears quickly. She always hated crying, even around Percy. "You have to leave soon, don't you?" She sighed and rested her forehead against his.

"Yeah," She played with the 'A' necklace around his neck making him smile faintly. "I shouldn't be gone for long though, then I can come back and help out again."

"You've said that more than once," Percy added. She tilted her head to the side and then offered her pinky.

"I promise." He interlaced their pinkies and nodded.

"Good cause I hate when you're away from me. You make me worry."

"Possessive," Ayden joked. Percy smiled and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "I'll be back I promise. When do you leave to go back to your home?"

"Um, a week or two? Are you going to be staying away that long?" Ayden shook her head.

"I'm just preparing in case something happens and I get back too late to see you."

"Me being home shouldn't stop you, my mom loves you," he paused. "So, uh, you can come straight to our house after you get back if you want."

"Okay, but you know I wouldn't intrude. You deserve some time alone with your mom and Paul." Percy nodded. "I'll also be there for your birthday."

"Good Paul would think you're a horrible girlfriend if you missed it," Percy joked as he stood up. He helped her up as she squeezed the water from her hair. He moved his hand removing the water from her clothes and hair. She leaned forward kissing his cheek. He kept the lookout as she put on her shirt and shorts.

"What are you doing now?" He asked. Ayden put her hand on his shoulder as she slid her shoe back onto her food.

"What are you doing?"