"I'm in—I think." Her shook his head laughing a bit as he turned to her. "I like you. A lot." Ayden froze for a moment. He watched the panic cross her face. "I'm sorry, this was not the right way to go about this—um, well, Berkendorf." Ayden watched him start to panic as well. She leaned forward and kissed him.

"Jackson," She smiled. "I like you too. I mean I know I'm a complicated person. I have a lot of drama and issues—." He kissed her this time.

"I'm glad we're on the same page them," Percy smiled. Ayden laughed a little as she rested her head on his shoulder briefly.

"Mhmm," Ayden looked around smirking. Her face was on fire, but she blamed the flames they were close to. She caught Ananbeth's eyes from across the circle and blushed harder. "So I guess this makes us official?" Percy nodded as he saw what she was looking at. When he saw Annabeth smiling at both of them he cleared his throat.

"Uhm, what did they want at Olympus?" He touched her pinkie with his. He didn't know how public she wanted to be even though they kissed.

"They wanted to ask me things about being a conduit and other crap with the markings," Ayden shook her head. She took his hand in hers happily as she moved a bit closer to him. She found that when she was with Percy she felt more stable. She felt more like her old self. She felt lighter like maybe the world wasn't so horrible all the time.

"Can you kiss me again?" She whispered. Percy leaned forward kissing her briefly.

"Happy too." He kissed her cheek. She laid her head on his shoulder as they looked into the flames. She didn't know if this was a good thing to have right now or if it was risky. They were about to get into a major war with Kronos and she didn't know if they would all make it out alive. She just wanted to enjoy something normal for once. She just wanted to be here with Percy.

They both knew everything was about to change.

***

Percy was talking with Nico and Chiron in the big house when Grover, Clarisse, and Tyson came in. They each were breathing heavily. Tyson stood in the doorway while Grover and Clarrise leaned against the walls.

"Hey Chiron, how you doing?" Grover tried to play it cool.

"Yeah, what's going on in here?" Clarisse looked around. "Where is Mr. D? I gotta ask him something about Chris?"

"He should be down by the water helping out a few of the campers," Chiron leaned onto his desk. "Why have you two burst into my office?"

"Cause we were—."

"We wanted to speak with you and you and you," Grover pointed from Percy to Nico to Chiron.

"About?" Nico leaned back in the chair.

"What's happening?" Percy smirked. He could tell by the three of them acting weird. He knew something was going on and he knew Ayden was at the center of it. There was a sound in the distance and it made each of them freeze.

"What is that?" Chiron asked. Percy and Nico sat up and looked out the window. A group of birds flew past. The loud bang went off again.

"Is that a gun?" Nico asked as she stood up. Tyson put his arms out in the doorway blocking everyone.

"It's loud," He smiled at his brother.

"No, of course not, that's silly,"  Grover added. He waved his hand through the air and covered his ears again.

"Clarisse, what is happening?" Chiron asked. Clarisse shrugged as she gave the other two a hard stare.

"I don't know. Probably just the Stoll twins setting off fireworks again."