Chapter 18

*Comments and votes are appreciated! Much love xxxx*

"What the hell is this shit?" Jax asked the man in front of him.

"That is the statement Mrs. Ortiz gave Eli Roosevelt moments before you're lawyer got her out," the man said,"If you read line twelve, I think she hints at your direct involvement in the school shooting."

Jax had a lot of emotions running through his mind, but he remained calm as all of his men stood around him. "Who the fuck are you?" He asked.

"Lee Toric, U.S. Marshall, you men have a good day, and Mr. Teller, those are only copies. The real ones are in the right hands," he told them before getting in his car and driving off.

===================
"When are you guys heading out?" Ava asked from the kitchen as Courtney played with Harry.

"I think we leave in two days, and no offense, but it can't come soon enough," Courtney told her.

Ava laughed,"Definitely no offense taken. Your trip started because of a shitty reason, and it has only been shitty." Courtney walked in the kitchen with Harry on her hip. The boys were spending the day with Juice, and Kenny, Ellie and Mia were with Mary for the day.

"He sign the papers?" Ava asked.

Courtney shook her head,"He won't even talk to me, and I can't blame him."

"Me and Ope hit a rough patch once. I got divorce papers and everything," Ava admitted.

"What changed your mind?" Courtney asked, intrigued by her cousin's story.

Ava shrugged,"I came home to an empty house. The kids were with him for the night, and I slept in our bed by myself. I'm not saying the empty house was the reason I stayed, but I realized how empty I felt inside without him."

Courtney found herself dabbing her eyes. "I know you're pissed, and you have every right to be, but you love him, Court. A blind man could see that," Ava told her.

"I knew I kept you around for something," Courtney told her as they shared a laugh. Ava took Harry as she went to answer the phone. Courtney sat at the table and thought about what Ava had told her.

===================
"This shit's staring us in the fuckin' face!" Jax screamed in frustration,"She ratted. It's gotta be handled."

"We don't know this arsehole from Adam, and you're talkin' about some serious accusations Jackie boy," Chibs spoke up.

"Yeah man, how do we know the Feds aren't just fuckin' with us?" Happy asked.

"I don't know, but what I do know, is that we gotta figure this shit out and fast," Jax said as he slammed the gavel down, ending church.