Chapter 5

"Who else is hurt?" Jax asked as he looked at the few men sitting around his table. Juice had went to be with Courtney and his sons, Tig had been sent to go with Ava who had a graze wound, and Chibs' condition was unknown.

"Cameron, Chibs and Ava are the only ones," Happy replied.

"Who the fuck did this?" Bobby asked.

"I don't know, but we have to find out and soon. This shit was personal. They brought it to our front door," Jax said as he and the men got up to head to the hospital after having been questioned by the cops numerous times.

=======================
"I'm sorry Mrs. Ortiz, but he's still in surgery. We won't know anything else until the doctor comes out," the nurse told Courtney for the tenth time in a half hour.

"You really don't know shit. My five year old son is in surgery because of a damn bullet wound, and you don't know anything?" Courtney questioned, her voice raising with every word until Juice pulled her away to a seat in the waiting area.

"Courtney you've got to calm down, baby,"he said as he held a sobbing Courtney in his arms.

She didn't say anything, but instead dug herself deeper into his arms. Collin had been dropped off at Tara's house after being checked out by the doctor.

The two didn't notice the doctor walk up. "Are you the family of Ava Winston?" She asked as Courtney looked up at her and nodded.

"Mam, she's gone into premature labor. Is her husband here to be with her?" The doctor asked.

Courtney looked up at Juice with sad eyes. "Make sure our son is taken care of. I have to go be with her," Courtney told Juice as she got up to follow the doctor.

Ava was in the middle of a contraction when Courtney walked in and rushed to her side.

"You...need....to.....be.....with your son," Ava said in between breathing.

"Juice is there and Cameron's fine," Courtney said more to assure herself then Ava.

"How's everyone else?" Ava asked as she sighed after the contraction had stopped.

"Everyone's fine. Let's get this baby delivered," Courtney said trying to be happy for her cousin.

"Okay guys, she's dilated to a 10. It's time to start pushing," the doctor said.

After the fourth attempt at pushing, Ava laid back exasperated. "I can't do this, Court. Not without Ope. I can't do this."

"You have to do this for Ope," Courtney told her as she placed herself behind Ava on the bed. "Now, let's push together."

"I see the head, Ava. One more strong push," the doctor reported.

Ava and Courtney pushed one more time and a cry sounded throughout the room.

"It's a boy," the doctor said as she handed the baby to Ava who was crying along with Courtney. They were crying for the birth of the baby, the loss of Opie, and the state their lives were in at the moment.

"Harry," Ava said.

"What?" Courtney asked.

"Harry Opie Winston Jr. That's his name," Ava said smiling at the little boy in her arms.

*let me know what you guys think. Much love xxx*