Grover's In Trouble

Začít od začátku

"Well when I went to look for the entrance and found it," She rubbed her hand over her mouth. "It was awful, I've never felt like that before."

"Fearful?" Ayden looked forward as well. She could see Clarisse study her face. "Afraid you won't make it out, that you might die like that."

"Yeah."

"But how does Chris fit into this?"

"I found him," Clarisse's voice wavered. "Well, what was left of his mind. Luke had sent him in there alone searching for a string to navigate the labyrinth I'm pretty sure."

"Oh god." Ayden shivered as a breeze blew across her bare arms.

"Yeah, he couldn't speak. He muttered to himself. Ayden, I'd never seen anyone act like this before. I brought him back here hoping Mr. D could fix him and we could get some information out of him." Ayden nodded slowly.

"I'm glad you made it back though," She gave her a tight smile.

"I am too, I just hope Mr. D will get back here before Chris loses his mind." Clarisse looked up at the sky as she let out a deep breath.

"Mr. D will show up eventually, he always does, but will you be okay?" Ayden asked her. Clarisse coughed a little as she stood up. She brushed her hair past her shoulders.

"Of course, I will. Also glad to have you back." She disappeared back into the cabin with the other half-siblings. Ayden sat there for several more minutes trying to take in the cool night air to calm her mind. She doubted she would be able to fall back asleep.

***

"What's going on?" Ayden asked. Juniper had her green tears seeping down her face as Silena tried to comfort her.

"Grover's in a bit of trouble." Clarisse sighed.

"With the council?" Ayden crossed her arms. Juniper nodded.

"They want to revoke his searcher's license." Silena rolled her eyes. "They say he isn't suing it responsibly."

"Becuase of what happened when they were searching for Mount Tam?" Ayden asked. The three nodded. When Annabeth and Ayden were taken to Mount Tam, the others were sent on a quest to find them. There was an instance in a desert where Grover heard someone speak to him. The others didn't hear the voice, but they saw the effects, the way the fauna and flora reacted to something around them. Grover said it was Pan, he was helping them on the quest. "Can they even do that aren't they out shits who sit on their chairs all day."

"That's offensive," Juniper sniffled. "But yes," She stood up. "Yes, they are! They can't do this."

"Guys!" Annabeth ran over. She'd arrived two days ago. "Any news?"

"Not yet, but they are holding a hearing soon. We have to get Percy here. They'll believe him." Silena explained. "He was the only other one that was on the quest that could persuade them."

"I'll go after him," Ayden sighed. "Isn't he at school today or something?" She ran her hand through her hair pulling it into a low pony.

"You would be the person to ask," Clarisse joked with her. Ayden's face flushed as she glared at her.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be back later." She teleported away. She didn't know the exact name of the school that Percy was supposed to be attending, but she knew Blofis worked there. She was standing across the street from a school, it had a sign that read Goode High School, or she hoped it said that. Sometimes she didn't know if she was reading things right.