Chapter 3: pt 1 Desire & The Longing of It

APORIA think she hated humans. After so long among them, she now took what short lives they held as a blessing. Yet she was only a few of her kind who regularly took her human form and lived among them. There was something about being on earth among them, that made her not question her existence or her days.

    Her first millennias were all about sex and rituals. Even war and conquest. She experienced it all. And she learned better who she was and who she wasn't. As time flowed on, she found that she became bored of the worship. Bored of the orgasms. Bored of the killing and chaos.

    When spirits are born; even humans, they have a choice on what path of the universe they journeyed on. Aporia was built in the realm of the Deep. She embodied all those emotions words would fail to fully describe. So much she eventually became what she is and many Immortals called her simply, a Spirit of Longing. But what was she? The thought made her frown. She wasn't so paltry a being to question what was what, in regards to reality. She didn't have religion when she knew she came from The Divine Source. She knew the universe well enough to know that even her thoughts were part of the mechanisms that were. So why was she thinking so much? Especially given the fact that Flor; one of the many embodiments of desire was flirting with her.

    "Its been 67 years and 22 days Aporia." Flor said seriously, drawing her attention.

    Aporia frowned, "Since when?" She asked, her low, natural sultry cadence, drawing the attention of the few customers in the charming cafe. Flor had insisted they meet there in the flesh, in the human realm. Which was out of character for her.

    The sun beamed through the windows bathing Flor in glory. Her violet eyes twinkling as Flor’s gaze drifted to Aporia's apple red lips. "Since we last all made love."

    Aporia smiled. "Its merely been just a decade since I last was with you, my old friend." She said casually taking a sip of whatever coffee Flor had ordered for her. It was delicious enough a sigh slipped past her red lips.

    Flor's eyes darkened with heat and Aporia shifted under their weight. Flor felt differently across from her. Almost like the old days when they walked among mortals freely. Their spirits full of life and divine purpose. Flor wore a white mini dress that hugged her petite curvy frame. Her long luscious hair lay in brown sugar waves down her back. Bright green sun shades atop her head.

    "What new thing has inspired you dear Flor? You look absolutely ravishing." At this, Flor's cheeks flushed. And it spiked Aporia's interest keenly. "Do tell me, don't hold back." Aporia purposely let her words drip with purpose that only an entity of her status could do. Desire's energy was birthed in part of the Deep. And would forever be Aporia's spiritual companion.

    While passion drove desire, longing and it’s like, would give it meaning. These were simply truths between them. It didn't mean Flor loved or wanted Aporia more than Ero. It simply meant that Aporia was something different to her. Ero understood that. He never denied Flor her desire. He accepted her. And it was why they were wonderful together.

    Flor shifted in that way Aporia knew she was wet already. She also wasn't impervious to her desirous  charms. It was a two way street between them at all times. It was why their meetings were few an far between. They didn't ever talk much. Or meet in the flesh ever in recent centuries. Too much tension and feelings. They’d just end up having sex.

    "Flor. Tell me."

    "There's this mortal, Aporia. A writer."

    Aporia couldn't help her laugh that spilled out. "A mortal filled you up with this much spirit? That hasn't happened since ages of the Roman Empire."