"So then I read about The Lord. I did some spells. And I finally got the answer as to what the curse inside you was," she says as she turns back around. She pauses for a moment.

"Tell me, Selena," I demand. 

"The Lord had returned to Earth to search for his daughter. He crossed every ocean searching for her," Selena's eyes move to Valeria as she says that. "And when he found her, he saw her married to a demon. In his rage, he put a curse onto them."

"To get revenge on his daughter for betraying her people, he did a spell on the demon. Your love was to end in tragedy every single time. No matter how much you loved her, you'd always fall victim to the darkness inside you and kill her," she tells us. "And I see that's happened twice now."

I refused to believe this. I could not be cursed to kill the woman I love over and over again - we were to be together, to be married again, I would not hurt her, I would not kill her. 

"I see exactly what you're thinking, Adonis. But no matter how much you love her, you will always end up killing her," Selena says. 

I shook my head. I wouldn't, not again, these voices in my head, they would not control me anymore. I look at Valeria. I see the sadness in her eyes, I wanted to change that, she had to know I'd never do that again. 

"Let's leave," Valeria says quietly. I nod. I watch as she exists, but I continue to stand for a moment. 

"It's pointless to go with her," Selena says to me. "You two will never be happy together. And each time you are, it'll end in tragedy."

It won't. Not this time. I ignore her as I exit and go with Valeria. I choose Valeria, every single time.

𓆩♡𓆪

Selena's words still had an effect on Valeria even as we reached our home again. She was quiet, walking quickly, and avoiding my eyes. I called out to her, "Valeria."

But she keeps walking up the front yard. I call out again, "Valeria."

This time I grab onto her wrist to prevent her from walking away from me. I see the glossiness in her eyes. 

"We're never going to be happy together, Adonis," she says sadly, her voice nearly breaking, which causes my heart to shatter. "You're always going to end up killing me. There is no happily ever after for us."

"No," I quickly disagree. "No. I'm stronger than this curse, Valeria. I'll beat it, I won't succumb to it again."

She's quiet as her eyes fill with tears. I put my hands against her soft cheeks as I looked into her eyes. I promise her, "I will never hurt you again, Valeria. I promise you."

And it was the truth. I'd beat the curse inside me. I had fallen in love with her so long ago but the love I felt for her today was not any weaker. The Lord would not stop me from being with his daughter, I'd do anything it took, even if that meant having to battle an eternal curse inside me. 

I knew I'd never betray her. I knew there had to be some other explanation because I'd do anything possible to help her. My thumbs brush against her cheeks and I see how much she's thinking. 

"You're going to beat it?" she asks me. 

"I am, Valeria, for you," I tell her. I finally had my memories back. I finally had an explanation. And with those, this time would not end the same as the others. Now that I knew, I knew that I could fight it for her. 

"I'm going to beat it, and I am going to marry you again someday," I tell her. I knew it would be slower for her, she had more to forgive than I did. I was not mad about anything she did. Lying to me about who she was, using mind control on me, I did not fault her for anything. 

Slowly, after thinking for a while, she nods. 

"Come on, let's go inside and I will cook you that steak you like so much," I tell her as I can now remember it was the first meal I ever cooked her. She smiles at me, it may be in a different body, but I can still see her original smile as if I had seen it yesterday. 

I'd sacrifice my sanity if it meant I could be with her. With my hand on her lower back, I followed her up the steps and into the home I could now remember. I remembered the three years we had spent here together and everything we had done. 

I could now remember everything about her. Every reason I had fallen in love with an angel when I was a demon sent to kill them all. I watch her go into the bedroom as I stand in the kitchen.

We would not end in tragedy this time. 

Word Count: 1519