She's Not Judgemental

Start from the beginning

"That's not true."

"I think it's the most true for you," Percy nodded. they were a few feet apart. "I mean I'll do anything for my friends, but you've done everything for them." He moved closer.

"No, I was naive," She explained. "Maybe my fatal flaw is poor judgment." She joked. Percy smiled, but he didn't laugh.

"That or maybe being reckless." He told her. Her mouth dropped open as she splashed water at him. This time he didn't block it. It showered him as he pushed his hair out of his face. "Hey, you're the one that brought it up, not me."

"Yeah, and yours is your loyalty." Ayden pointed out. He swam closer to her.

"I could argue, that's yours as well," He smiled.

"Mhmm, sure, Jackson." She ran her hand over the water. She liked the way it felt moving through her hands. "You know I haven't used Thalassa's brand yet?" She looked down at her arm seeing the familiar swirls on her bicep. She hasn't touched Thalassa's or Aions. She only had four Gaia and Nyx didn't give their approval for her to use them just yet. She had Chaos, Aion, Achlys, and Thalassa's branding.

"And I would rather you didn't," Percy offered as he stared at the pink scars on her arms. He took her hand in his.

"What are you doing?" She asked as he moved his hands through the water. It flowed up into the air and with their hands.

"This is what it will be like," He offered as he stood behind her. The two of them directed the water together. Percy was using his powers, but it looked like Ayden was in control.

"This is so calming," She muttered as they set their hands back into the water.

"It would be if I didn't use it to battle people most of the time," Percy smiled as she turned to face him.

"Why don't you just come out here during the day, you could get a lot more training in." Ayden looked back into the woods. Through the trees, she could barely see the torches from the path.

"People watch during the day, which I'm not afraid of, but sometimes I just like being here." Percy leaned back floating on his back. Ayden watched him float a few feet away from her. There was something about Percy Jackson that just messed with Ayden.

She didn't know how else to describe it. They were friends, close friends. There were times when she thought maybe there could be more, but she would never wish that upon anyone. People who tend to get close to her either are disappointed or get hurt. She didn't know if she could handle either happening to him.

"You're overthinking," Percy mumbled. Ayden laughed a little realizing he knew exactly what she was doing. "I can hear it from over here." He raised his hand.

"Fine, fine, I'm sorry. This is a relaxing time. I'll relax, I promise," She laid on her back letting the water fill her ears. The sounds of things happening far off in the distance echoed through the water.

***

Percy had finally convinced Ayden to go to his mom's with him. He made sure to fill her in on everything that was going on. He was supposed to be going to Paul's school next term. Well he worked there, it wasn't Paul Blofis's school. He also talked a lot about Paul's relationship with his mom, he saw her with him a lot and he was happy for them.

Ayden promised she would go and stay for a while, but she didn't want to impose on their life for too long. She knew he was inviting her to stay because he didn't want to leave her at camp alone. Annabeth was going back with her father and Grover had his girlfriend.

"Okay, what if I'm nervous?" Ayden asked as she grabbed her bag from the ground. Percy had finished packing his back as well as they walked for the door of his cabin.