Chapter 98 - The Passage of Time

Start from the beginning

Looking around, he found himself still in the training ground of Tower of Babel.

However, there was some exercise equipment in the training ground that hadn't been there before.

"Oh, those were the ones I asked the staff to move in while I was waiting for you to wake up."

"You've been lying there for about an hour."

Seeing Bete noticing the equipment, Luke explained.

But Bete didn't care about these things. He looked at Luke with mixed emotions.

"Is that magic? That blue light, otherwise, as a Level 1, there's no way you could have withstood my full-force strike."

"No, you didn't chant; could it be a rare skill?"

Inquiring about others' magic and skills is strictly prohibited in Orario.

Even among members of the same Familia, except for high-ranking executives, ordinary members would only share such information with their relatives or close friends.

Bete's direct questioning of Luke has clearly crossed the line.

But Bete, at this moment, had no intention of paying attention to these so-called rules.

Pursuing strength as he always did, being easily defeated by a Level 1 was a harsh reality that Bete found hard to accept.

Luke remained silent, quietly observing Bete.

He knew that this proud werewolf would soon adjust his mindset on his own.

Bete didn't disappoint Luke either; within two or three seconds, he came back to his senses.

"Sorry, I asked for something I shouldn't have."

Why did he lose? Did he not get stronger?

Bete questioned himself internally.

Clearly not. He had become stronger and was considered a key member in Orario.

He could face four adventurers of the same level simultaneously and emerge victorious without any injuries.

So why did he lose to a Level 1 rookie?

Why would he, who had become stronger, lose to someone weaker?

If it wasn't that he had become weaker, then the only explanation was that his opponent was stronger than him, possessing an overwhelming strength at Level 1 that surpassed his Level 2 strength.

"Are you really Level 1?"

This was the third time today that Bete questioned Luke's identity as a Level 1 adventurer.

In response, Luke just shrugged and handed over the water bottle in his hand.

In truth, Luke didn't consider Prana to be much of a secret.

Even if he told Bete, it wouldn't matter much to him.

However, Loki had repeatedly warned him not to disclose any information about his and Ais's magic and skills.

Luke, not having enough knowledge about the city, certainly wouldn't intentionally go against the goodwill of his goddess.

Even though he felt indifferent about it and believed Bete wasn't the type to leak his secrets, he didn't tell him the details of his skill.

Afterwards, the two rested for a while and then left the Tower of Babel.

The sparring session had a significant impact on Bete's belief, and he needed some time to calm his agitated emotions.

So, instead of continuing to stroll with Luke, Bete chose to say goodbye and returned to Vidar Familia residence.

Back in a solitary state, Luke, who also had no mood to continue shopping, simply had lunch and similarly returned to Loki Familia residence.

...

The days of rest quickly passed, and Luke returned to the daily routine of monster hunting.

But what was different from before the expedition was the recognition of Luke's strength and the change in Ais' mentality.

After discussing with Finn and others, they decided to relax the restrictions and let Luke take Ais into the dungeon.

On the one hand, this is a recognition of the two rookies, and on the other hand, it is also to liberate Riveria, a high-end combatant.

Facing the increasingly frequent activities of Evilus, Finn and the others needed to make thorough preparations.

For this reason, the expertise of Riveria, particularly in magic, was indispensable.

Time just kept passing by.

During this period, Luke took Ais into the dungeon every day to hunt monsters and also provided guidance on her sword skills.

During their leisure times, they strolled around the streets, enjoyed good food, and bought some small trinkets.

Occasionally, they visited Hibachitei to have a couple cups of delicious drinks with Bete, and bickered and fought along the way.

In contrast to Luke's stable daily life, Finn and the others were not so leisurely.

Just as Mama Mia had informed before, Evilus had gradually shifted its destructive activities from the shadows to the forefront.

Now Finn and the others basically have to lead a team out every two days to suppress the rampant members of Evilus.

Luke also offered his assistance, but Finn rejected it, citing the higher priority of Luke and Ais's growth.

In reality, Luke could understand Finn's concerns.

Finn was worried that Luke's "murderous swordsmanship" might have some unexpected consequences if he were to be in contact with members of Evilus.

---More Chapters (More than 25 Chapters in Advance):patreon.com/tom22---PS: I don't know when I will keep uploading on Wattpad. So, if you want to read more chapters go to my patreon page. I've already uploaded more than 140 chapters.https://www.patreon.com/Tom22