Chapter 97: Practicing with Bete

Start from the beginning

"If you don't get stronger, you'll regret it sooner or later."

"..."

"But speaking of which, are you really Level 1?"

Bete, who was originally complaining about Luke, suddenly remembered the scene where Luke knocked out that Level 2 adventurer with a single blow.

"I am indeed Level 1, and I'm not slacking off either. I just returned from an expedition and took a day off."

"Expedition, huh? I see, you're from the Loki Familia after all."

Bete was initially puzzled when he heard about the expedition.

According to the guild's requirements, only Familias with a Level 3 adventurer and a certain number of members would be required to undertake an expedition.

And the Vidar Familia, with only Bete as a Level 2 adventurer, obviously didn't meet the requirements, so Bete had never been on an expedition.

But not having participated doesn't mean he hasn't heard about it at all. With a trace of barely noticeable envy, Bete asked Luke, "Expedition, which floor have you reached?"

"...No, forget it. You better not say."

Although Bete had already asked the question, he suddenly changed his mind and told Luke not to answer.

Luke could probably understand Bete's thoughts.

Even if he knew, it wouldn't change anything, and envying others would be pointless.

Instead of inquiring about others' progress, it's better to use this time to become stronger.

Bete sat in a chair, drank the mead in his cup in one gulp, and then suggested to Luke, "Hey, Luke, since we're both free, let's practice together."

"You're strong, right? I could tell from that blow before; you at least have the strength to instantly kill a Level 2 adventurer."

Looking at Bete and sensing his firm determination, Luke didn't plan to refuse.

Later, the two left Hibachitei and went all the way to the Tower of Babel in the center of the city.

It was mentioned before that in the middle layers of the tower, there were dedicated training grounds that could be rented.

After paying, Luke and Bete walked into the training ground, both assessing the area.

Whether Luke or Bete, it was their first time renting a training ground in the Tower of Babel.

They were instead the type to spend their time in the dungeon whenever they had the chance.

The training ground they rented was small, just meant for sparring, so they didn't need a large space.

Absolutely not because they wanted to save money!

The small training ground didn't disappoint them.

According to their request, the interior was just an open space, sufficiently large for the two to engage in some combat.

"If you're ready, I'm starting!"

A hint of fighting spirit flashed in Bete's eyes.

Having upgraded to Level 2 and awakened a new skill, he had strong confidence in his strength.

The fact that he effortlessly counter-defeated three people in a 1v4 situation in the alley today only strengthened Bete's belief that he had become stronger.

Even if Luke possessed strength far beyond the typical Level 1, Bete didn't think he would lose.

Luke looked at the eager Bete and nodded, saying, "You can attack anytime."

Whoosh!

"Hmph, don't be arrogant!"

As soon as Luke's words fell, Bete instantly rushed to his side with acceleration, viciously kicking at Luke's arm.

At the same time, he felt disdain at Luke for giving up the first-move advantage.

Thud!

Bete's high-speed kick hit the Sheath of Tranquility in Luke's hand.

Bete's metal shoe clashed with the scabbard, creating a loud noise.

"What?!"

The seemingly inevitable strike was easily blocked by Luke, causing a moment of surprise for Bete.

However, he quickly adjusted his mindset. With a forceful twist of his left foot, which had kicked the scabbard, Bete carved an arc in the air and slammed his right foot at Luke's head.

Boom!

With a loud explosion, Bete was sent flying and crashed into the distant wall.

At this point, Luke also released the Sheath of Tranquility, shimmering with blue starlight, and shook his slightly numb right hand.

During Bete's first attack, Luke, out of curiosity, didn't use Prana but relied purely on his body strength to withstand the subsequent attacks.

His body, honed through years of training and blessed with Falna, had made significant progress, but it still couldn't bridge the gap in levels.

Bete's first strike was just a probe, not using full force, yet it still exerted a strength that suppressed Luke.

---More Chapters (More than 25 Chapters in Advance):patreon.com/tom22---PS: I don't know when I will keep uploading on Wattpad. So, if you want to read more chapters go to my patreon page. I've already uploaded more than 140 chapters.https://www.patreon.com/Tom22