She knocked on one of the doors and a beautiful lady dressed in a pencil skirt , with a smooth shirt tucked in molding to her body making her look like some model. Her skin was the colour of smooth dark chocolate , her hair mixing into the same colour with her eyes. She flashed me a pearly white smile and i found myself giving the stranger a small smile in return which surprised myself and mom who looked at me in confusion.

That day i was introduced to my therapist

Shyla stirling

One of the few many people I've grown close to. Although she sometimes said i was a pain in the ass. I don't believe it. I think she secretly loves me. Our routine went. I spoke about my feelings while i layed on the couch while she sat opposite me with a pen and book looking sophisticated as always. I was a bit reluctant on opening up the first time we met but now the ship is sailed and the waters are smooth.

The clock above me ticks with each passing moment as i drum my fingers to my thigh. I think shyla asked me a question , idk . I've been to busy going down memory lane to even hear any of my surroundings.

"Rory " the sound of my name fell from her lips for the fourth time , i think? and i blink as i look at her and a knowingly smirk takes over her features.

"You blacked out again" she stated the obvious as i snuggled into the comfortable couch and groaning.

"Well , then you should probably switch your couch for a new one, considering as soon as i land myself in it , i don't hear a single thing flying out of your mouth" i close my one eye as i peek at her through the open one. She writes down in her notebook as i sigh.

"Please , tell me what you're writing in that little diary of yours, something good about me?" I flash her a grin and she clicks her pen against her notebook "neglect...disobedient...-

I let out a gasp and she looks up and my expression turns to a smirk "you forgot to add beautiful" i point my eyebrows to her notebook and her chuckle fills the room. My own laughter joins her. More like forced. If i didn't show any emotion then shyla would tell mom her methods arent working and id be forced to go to a higher , more challenging therapist and we can't have that.

Our laughter dies down and i look at shyla "shyla you know , there are tons of dating sites online-

She interupts me and points her pen at me and narrows her eyes "let me stop you right there"

I groan as i facepalm myself "i just think it would be beneficial for you , ya know? I mean you talk to people about their feelings for a living and it sounds cool...." i stop as i purse my lips "...i mean its sad , but still cool. Wouldn't you rather go out there and find the love of your life?"

She writes in her notebook and i stare at her "this isn't about me , remember? This is about helping you. Besides i thought you "hated" the idea of falling in love or men...mostly men" she lets out a breathy chuckle.

I bite the inside of my cheek "You're old-

"Im 35" she gasps and i roll my eyes "you know what i mean. You're beautiful. As i was saying. You're..." she raises her eyebrow at me and i chuckle"...you're 35. You know how to handle men. You've been through it. So its different for you"

She nods as she leans back in her seat "how is it any different for you aurora?"

Her question wipes the smirk off my face as i slowly lower myself fully onto the couch . I stare at her beige ceiling as the sound of the clock ticking continues as i bite the inside of my cheek. A habit I've grown into.

"I've yet to experience...heartbreak" i murmur and i hear her scribbling down something "but thats a lie , no?" She questions and i gulp.

She continues "You've already experienced it. You were young and your brain was developing but you felt it. Tell me aurora , what did you feel?"

What did i feel? What did i feel? What did i feel !

"I felt everything at once , it was like a huge wave drowing me. Every single time i got a chance to breathe . A new emotion wiped me under the water again. It was like a never ending timeloop. Over and over again" i whisper still staring at the ceiling

"Do you think , if things were handled differently, would that change the person you are today?" she asked with each timing second.

I shake my head lightly "No...no i don't think it would've changed who i am. Dad leaving would've been inevitable. If he didn't leave when i was 5 . He would've left when i was 8 or 10 . The list goes on"

Shyla writes down into her notebook as i drum my fingers on my stomach "If you could speak to your father , what would you say to him?"

"Id...thank him. I'd thank him for my brothers. I'd thank him for leaving mom. She's smiling more. She never use to smile when they would argue. She would be trapped inside her own bubble until her tears drowned out her sorrows. But mostly... i would thank him for breaking me. We are made of those who have built and broke us. Id thank him. For allowing me to break so i could be forged into someone better "

Shyla gives me a small smile after my rant and i blow out a puff of air as a breathy chuckle leaves me "One last question"

I nod. Finally glad that i dont have to sit here and talk about my feelings anymore.

"If the time is right...do you think , you'll let love into your heart again?"

"I think that part of me died when i was 5. Growing up since then i can't remember what it was like when all i knew was love" i explain with my hands as shyla writes down the last bit of her notes. I clear my throat as i sit up from the couch and put on my sneakers. As much as i would've loved to slip my feet into some heels. I wasn't feeling it.

"You didn't really write down that i was disobedient, did you?" I chuckle nervously as i tie my shoe laces . She scoffs "and lose the money that im getting paid ? Not a chance kid"

I roll my eyes playfully "good thing to know that im only here because you enjoy the money shyla"

She gasps "thats not true , i enjoy the extra tips i get for every extra hour you spend here"

I chuckle as i stand up "you know my neighbor next door-

She interupts me as she throws me with her pen and my eyes widen "what did i say missy?" I groan as i throw my hands up in the air "that hurt by the way" i whine as i rub the spot on my forehead where she threw me with the pen.

She smiles "thats what you get for trying to play cupid and throw me into your neighbors house"

I held my hands up in surrender "i was merrily saying you get to know the guy-

"No" she interupts me again and i walk towards the door backwards "oh c'mon you didn't even let me finish. He's a lawyer-

"Still no" she sing songs and she closes in on me "hes hot , has a dad bod-

"Nope" she shakes getting closer and closer on me and im close to the door.

"He volunteers at the animal shelter-

She stops and stares at me . I didn't even know im outside in the hallway. She stands in her door "wait , really?"

"Yeah-

She slams the door in my face and i groan , but a sinister grin covers my face as i run pass the endless doors "SHYLA STIRLING IS LOOKING FOR A PRESENTABLE SUITER LADIES AND GENTLEMEN , CLAIM YOUR PRIZE AT DOOR 45 " i yell using my best commentator voice as i snicker and hear her yells behind me.

yep , she loves me.

Hey guyssss . Chapter two done and dusted ! I hope you guys like shyla. And happy reading :) DON'T FORGET TO VOTE PLEASEEEEE ;)