59 THE NEO-EGOIST LEAGUE

Start from the beginning

Jenny rubs her face with her hands and lets out a loud groan, "Ugh... I didn't even wanna come back, but the pay was way too good to pass up! They increased it by like... three million yen! My boyfriend nearly died when he heard the salary."

Himara places a lithe finger on her chin—pitch-black eyes lost in thought. "It makes me wonder where Ego's gotten all this money from. He was so stingy with it before."

"Right?" You nod in agreement.

Komi jots her thumb backwards, over her shoulder in the direction of flashing camera and people hidden not-so discreetly in the bushes surrounding the Blue Lock entrance. "Maybe it has something to do with these guys."

You're suddenly taken down with blindness when a flash zips directly into your eyeball and you groan, "God—what the hell?!"

This is practically Ego's fault again! He should've invested in a bouncer instead of giving us more money than we even need!

"Are we famous now?" Kyouka certainly looked pleased at the thought, no matter how much she tried to hide it behind a confused expression.

Merodi doesn't even try to hide her excitement at the thought, eyes twinkling and you think she's strutting poses for the camera—"Cool! I always wanted people to adore me!"

"I can tell," Himara sasses quickly, before taking a swift leave towards the entrance of the ever-so-familiar Pentagon building. "I don't have time for pictures. If we're late, it'll be our heads on a stake."

She's right, you think. You can't waste time fraternizing with paparazzi—you need to do your job. With this newfound determination in your mind thanks to Himara's straight-forward and bluntness, you march forward right by her side.

She glances at you quickly—but you don't shift your gaze from what's in front of you.

The others behind you quickly follow after you take your movement—and with this stance, comes a swift change in your life, all due to Blue Lock once more.

˖*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

Well. You found the room you were assigned to for now. It did specifically say that this room would be temporary, which gives you the impression you'll be moving around a bunch like in the Second Selection. 

After you've set all your bags down and unpacked your most important things—you find a few gifts on your pillow. There's a note that accompanies these gifts—it strangely reminds you of the time you received what you like to call your Shidou Zapper—laid flat on your pristine bedsheets. 

To [name],

Welcome back to Blue Lock. As you see, there are a few things that have been given to you that were not during Blue Lock's first stage. 

You pick up the first item. It's a tablet—you recognise it as the same size, shape, and look as the one Anri held during the U-20 match.

There is a Blue Lock tablet, specially for you. You shouldn't feel too happy, it's not for games. The only things you can do on this tablet is record data for each of your players, and check their statistics for their physical/soccer capabilities. Exciting, right?

Your eyes brighten. Finally, you don't have to waste all the ink in your pen.

You are also permitted to use this device to do research—but you will be under strict monitoring at all times and the tablet will immediately shut off from 11 pm to 5 am. Don't get too excited.