37 NAGI SEISHIRO

37. NAGI SEISHIRO

˖*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

EGO

proceeded to give you all a lecture just as long as the last, about how each of the top six needed to prove an example, and how all of you managers were selected from your ability to form relationships, and you barely listened to a word he said while in that room. It wasn't so much as you weren't too interested in what he was saying (yeah, you weren't all that involved in his discussion, but you still would listen to the guy), but rather, you could hardly focus due to the annoying pest by your side.

"You my new manager?" Ryusei Shidou pokes your side, which makes you instinctively, and very unwillingly, jolt back, shooting him a hard glare. He smirks devilishly, and you're totally convinced he's a demon as he speaks again, "I think we're gonna get along fine."

You scoot away as discreetly as you possibly can, "I'm not too confident in that." But it seems your obvious distaste was not enough to scare off the suntanned man, as he took your advance to get away as a green light for him to get closer. He shuffles over towards you, so close that your thighs are touching and he won't stop grinning that stupid grin.

You're so pissed you can barely think. This must be a power of his. You didn't think you'd ever say it—but you're glad you at least had Rin with you because being alone with somebody like this guy sounded like an actual nightmare.

But, so it seems this was your life for the next few days, at the very least. What joy.

You pull your face into your hands when Shidou's arms wrap around your shoulders, and you lose all energy to fight back. You become the equivalent of complacent putty in his arms, and you wonder what you had done to Ego to make him hate you so.

˖*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

You place a piece of food into your mouth, chewing slowly and savouring the taste of heaven. You surely wouldn't be able to enjoy a moment of peace like this again in a while—so you might as well enjoy it. You crashed into your newfound room for most of the afternoon—shared with both Rin and Shidou, who thankfully didn't give you too much of a hard time after that whole incident.