36 UNO, DOS

36. UNO, DOS

note: i have realised my behaviour in some books when yukimiya shows up is inappropriate and all i have to say to that is that ITS NOT STOPPING!!

next chapter is wild btw stay tuned pookies

˖*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

WITH

Ego's words, a new thought has been brought up to you. You stare up at the face on the screen with squinted eyes, and you stand up, picking yourself up off the ground. How will he even choose who to play?

It seems others have the same thought process as you do because it doesn't take a second before Raichi speaks up, voice as nasally and hard as always, "Hey! Hold on just a sec—I get this is a chance for us and all, but you said Blue Lock's 11. How are you even determining the numbers?"

Gagamaru scratched his ear, face still as much like a blank slate as always when he piped up, "Don't tell me... you're going to have some of us play as midfielders and defenders."

Ego nods in confirmation at Gagamaru's thoughts, a sheen shining bright on his glasses while he taps his fingers together like a madman, "Yeah, of course, and a goalkeeper too. Other than the forwards, we'll have to rush to patch together a team."

Tokimitsu squeals, green eyes shaking in worry, and he shakes his head from side to side, body swaying with the weight, "That's just... too much! Our opponents will have actual defenders and such, right?!"

Aryu strikes a pose, covering his mouth with his hand and showing off his perfectly painted nails, "This predicament... I do not hate such a development."

Ego sneers, lips turning downwards into an ugly frown, pulling at his face and his forehead wrinkles as he talks with clear disdain, "Shut up. Watch your tongues, I'm not a goddamn moron. The formation of the Blue Lock team will centre around the following six whose names I will call out now."

You remember Ego mentioning this in a meeting before—a long time ago, sure, but you were paying attention, unlike your fellow managers in the first selection—about the top six performing players. The top six players... will be the basis of our formation. He's planned this out for a while.

"Given your overall evaluations as of this moment, these individuals rank as the top 6. With the goal of putting together a team in just three short weeks, this method will be our best shot. Those who are called, step forward."

You watch intently for who the top six will end up being—"First, as the overall number one, Itoshi Rin."

That wasn't too unexpected, you think, staring at Rin's bored expression. This doesn't look like it's anything new to him—and you don't doubt it, because Rin really is incredible. His skills flabbergasted you when you first witnessed them, and even watching him after these few days, they still do.