25 RUNNING DEEP

25. RUNNING DEEP

note: bet u guys won't be able to guess who the first kiss will be with. lol.

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

YOU

might have rabies. You're practically foaming at the mouth and you promptly passed out (you actually didn't, you just like the dramatic effect the phrase brings) five minutes before. After hearing the news of how Isagi Nagi and Barou had challenged Kyouka's team to a match (once again, without consultation) you nearly fainted. Reo, Kunigami, and Chigiri... Are they serious?!

After regaining your soul that had tried to escape from your mouth, you finally gathered up what little left of your composure you still owned, and overviewed their training.

You watched the timer on the large, white screen go down second by second, minute by minute... 

You sit down with your legs folded, in a small, makeshift group circle alongside your teammates. Your notebook rests on your lap, and your pen is limp in your palm. You're sitting between Isagi and Barou—in a poor attempt to stop fighting. Isagi takes a swig from his water bottle, then hands it back to you with a small thanks before speaking, "We'll pass it around so it's easy for Barou to move. If the situation allows, Nagi and I will break them down with our link-up play. We'll be flexible about who shoots."

"Okay then," Nagi rests backwards on the faux grass, one hand propped behind him and the other threaded through his snow-white hair, "Feels like I'll be doing a lot of the scoring."

"Hey, make sure you pass me the ball," Barou resumes his death glare at Nagi. Nagi, with a deadpan expression, retorts at Barou.

"Yeah sure, as soon as you start passing to me."

Barou leans forward, lips curling up in a snarl and you can immediately feel the frustration radiating off of him, "Just do it."

"No way," Nagi doesn't hesitate to glare right back. You watch the two argue for a little longer, then slump down on the ground and toss your notebook behind you. You can't focus. You feel like you're going to go crazy.

That whole thing with Kyouka hasn't left your mind—and you're sure it won't, at least, not until you clear up the air with Isagi. Your conscious won't let you rest without it. But every time you've tried since then—something has gotten in the way. Whether it be a soccer ball flying at your head, Nagi ending up refusing to leave your back after you begrudgingly carry him (with, might I add, much difficulty since he is nearly two metres tall), or even Barou cursing out Isagi for wimping out on practice, nothing has gone your way since that day.