35 THE U-20, NOW!

35. THE U-20, NOW!

note: i love komi. you and her are literally so beabadoobee coded.

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

BACHIRA

sticks his tongue out, peeking out the corner of his lips as he scribbles down, in his almost illegibly messy writing, English words. A homework task—something you thought you'd never have to see again, was given to you all by Ego, to learn at least the basics of English. Luckily for you, your penpal past seemed to come in handy at this time.

"Sunday... Then Maunday... Tuwessday... Next up..." He pauses, squinting down at the book in front of him, golden eyes focused on the unfamiliar words, "Weh... wed... wed-ness-day, right?"

He looks over to Rin, who was sitting cross-legged across from Bachira with a vein popping out of his forehead—a dramatic reaction, considering they were just learning English, "It's Wednesday, idiot. I swear, how the hell did you get into high school? The only one you got right was Sunday." Bachira lets out a sound of pleasant surprise as he writes down Rin's words.

You give Rin a deadpan look, perched right beside him on the cool, fabric couch. "Why are you so rude?" You ignore Rin's heated glare, in favour of looking over at Tokimitsu, who meekly calls out your name with his eyes focused on the book in front of him.

"U—Uh... when westerners introduce themselves, is... is it true they'll say I'm instead of My name is?" He fiddles with the pages and refuses to even look at you as he (almost shamefully) asks you a question. You give him a curt nod and reply to answer him, and for a second, you're sure you killed the guy, from how hard he tumbled backwards.

"Hey, Rin," Aryu leans over you, and with his long, lanky build it's easy for him to do so without falling on you. He looks to Rin with his tongue sticking out, "Do I pronounce my th's correctly? Tss. To make it sound right, you have to lightly bite your tongue."

You look over with tired eyes where Komi and Isagi sit together, both silent and peaceful with earplugs in their ears. Komi is writing something down and mouthing the English words without a sound. You almost wished you could join them, but moving with Aryu hanging over you is almost impossible.

"We only have you two! Nobody else knows this! Help us out, please!" Tokimitsu places his hands over his cheeks while looking over at Rin, who, at this point, seemed positively pissed off. You aren't too surprised at that, because he does seem like the type of guy who dislikes being bothered. Or talked to. Or stared at. Or talked about. Or anything that has to do with him.