FINALE: I want you to be well

Bora opened his eyes under the spotlight. The voices of the more than four hundred people celebrated in her ears, cheering almost like a ringing of no signal rather than real human emotion. In front of her everything became cloudy: in the darkness caused by the shadow, only the group and her existed, in front of the microphone.

She breathed twice, while the screams fell silent for a few seconds. She grabbed it with her right hand, noticing how it was practically jelly.

"Hello... we are the Chambers, good evening and thank you very much..." her voice was quiet, causing some shouts and laughter from the crowd. Her band members looked at each other, wondering why Bora was acting like this; after all it wasn't her first show or anything like that.

Bora felt the stares and smiled, more nervous than confident. Suddenly, her mind went blank, and she started to feel a cold slime running on her back. She panicked and looked away from the crowd, closing her eyes again.

Among the mass of people, her father was watching her, with his arms crossed and next to his wife and her best friend, who applauded even when they saw her nervous little girl, so small on stage.

Namjoon narrowed his eyes as Hyejung squeezed his arm in concern, the light was actually very bright. It had been about tree minutes and Bora remained trembling on stage, almost in the verge of tears now.

"Come on, Purple light...." Yoongi whispered to himself, looking at the girl who continued to shrink on stage "you can do it..."

Namjoon didn't hear anything; he only saw his daughter. There, different from everyone, she was a girl again.

Without knowing why, she suddenly returned to the night in her crib, when they were left alone. That night she was asleep peacefully, before everything, before the mistakes they had both made. She spent entire afternoons watching MTv, Inkigayo, admiring her uncle, wanting to be like him, and now she was finally there, crying instead of laughing.

"Is she alright?" Eunho asked from behind, the three adults turned to look at him with an empathetic look. Yoongi took the one he considered his son-in-law and smiled.

"Of course! She's just so fucking nervous..."

The sound of the microphone having an intervention distracted everyone, I later saw how silence reigned among all those present, followed by shouts demanding that they leave.

Bora on stage thought that she was going to break, fragmented by everything around her, by the useless visits to the police stations, to the lawyer, to her mother. Suddenly nothing was better. Last night she had been crying for her, asking or her to really come back and then cursing everything, cursing her and herself...why would she leave? Why would she not be there? Why was nobody loving her like that? Bora covered her face and whined.

Kim, the bassist, approached her and covered the microphone before speaking to her.

"Bora-ah?" She grabbed her shoulder, trying to make her look into her eyes.

Bora breathed again. She suddenly heard what was around her; she looked around in confusion until she landed on a specific spot in the audience.

Her father. He was there, worried, talking to Hyejung maybe asking if he should go with her. Bora panted terrified, asking for him tot urn and look at her, to have something to hold on to.

Fortunately, she did.

Namjoon felt her see him, and without thinking more about her he just smiled slowly at her. She knew what she was, alone, in front of all the people watching her, judging her.

He felt that way himself, walking down the street after his wife left, starting at the bottom in a small company and being able to climb until he had an important place, the first time he opened up to meet someone and talk about it. his past. He knew fear. He took a deep breath, motioning for her to follow him.

Bora, naturally, obeyed.

Inhale. Exhale.

She got out of Kim's touch, grabbed the microphone again, and silenced everyone with a guitar tone.

The crowd fell silent, and when it did, Bora turned to look at her companions and smiled, indicating the beginning of the song. Her group followed her and soon, she started everything.

Her father watched her play, smile and dance as her audience cheered and applauded again. Hyejung laughed hysterically, fangirling over Yoongi while Eunho stayed like her father-in-law, looking at Bora with pride and love.

At one point, Namjoon ended up crying, and he continued like that until the end of the presentation. When her daughter came down from it, he was the first to go see her backstage.

He found her laughing with the members of her band, he wanted to go with her, but Hyejung and Yoongi beat her to it, running to hug and kiss her, congratulating her and the others on how wonderful he had just played.

And Namjoon? He just looked at her smiling, not believing that she had grown so much.

Bora was glowing, as happy as she could've been. Playing and studying, she had a good guy on her side, was making her life, she was trying to live the best way she could.

Her father knew she would make mistakes, grow, cry, and be happy like now, surrounded by people that loves her, glowing. He longed for her to be always like this, even after he was gone, he hoped for Bora to always remain as she was in that moment. He suddenly imagined that, and felt her like a child all over again, playing with her toys.

He continued to stare until she noticed him, and without thinking twice ran to hug him. Namjoon held her, burrying his face on her hair and kissing it; Without believing that he, such a simple and flawed person, could've raised the girl in his arms.

Bora knew then.

She was lucky to have a Father like him.

𝘋𝘢𝘮𝘯, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘰 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘍𝘈𝘛𝘏𝘌𝘙!!! 𝘐 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘷𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘦 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘵.

𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘵.

𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘱𝘵𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦! 𝘍𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥!

𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩, 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴.

𝘈𝘯𝘥, 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘣𝘶𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘺𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘪𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦.