15. Unlikely people

Yoongi arrived at the table with his plate full of everything he could eat, once seated he was besieged by the incredulous look of Namjoon's fiancée; Noticing her, he also returned her gaze, not wanting to argue now.

"All that?" Namjoon was the one who asked, more familiar with his friend's appetite. Yoongi just smiled.

"Don't put me in a buffet, you should know that by now." He bothered him on purpose: he knew well that that Chinese food restaurant was the only thing left near the hospital.

They had been there for a few days, taking care of Bora. They could have stayed home, but no one really wanted to leave her alone, even though she didn't seem to want to see anyone.

"I'm going to have to go home today, if they discharge her tomorrow, she'll have to change." Namjoon said almost sighing as he filled his chopsticks with noodles, he had fallen asleep in the hospital waiting room for days and it was already taking its toll. His fiancée saw him tenderly: all of those days had left him unsure, ignoring everything related to his work, unattended.

"No, don't worry, I can go." Hyejung offered kindly, "You should see how things are at the office."

"That's not important now." Namjoon protested, wiping his face. He was aware of the calls and the meetings but didn't have a piece of mind to put into it, he was just worried because even after surgery Bora was still without talking to him.

"How can you say that? You were about to close a deal earlier; you said it was important!"

The musician watched the discussion in silence, grateful that he didn't have any woman who would make him live tied up like a marriage even without being married. He observed the countenance of his friend and how it changed from one moment to the next to heaviness and annoyance.

"It's about Bora now."

"Precisely!" Hyejung turned to look at her fiancé and said seriously, "You know very well that this business can give you a raise." Namjoon wanted to avoid it, but his girlfriend took him by the hand subtly on the table and smiled "I know you're worried, but that's why I'm... we're here."

Yoongi swallowed quickly as he felt part of the conversation, then finished getting ready and looked at his best friend seriously. He nodded his head. Namjoon, for his part, ended up taking out his phone to write some pending messages; Then he looked up to see the two adults in front of him.

"Bring the things and take Bora home, I'll do my best to get back before dinner."

Hyejung was going to protest, but in the end, he relented, telling himself that going with Yoongi would make his boyfriend feel safer.

So, after finishing eating, they headed back to the hospital parking lot. Once there Namjoon got into his car and drove away, leaving his best friend and his fiancée standing in the middle of the parked cars.

Hyejung took a moment to turn to look at Yoongi, unable to resist grimacing when she saw him dressed in a jacket and with long hair, looking totally casual. Yoongi also looked at her and thought her own things, although he wouldn't admit them.

"Well, come on sister-in-law." Yoongi told him calmly and they both started walking towards the car.

Seeing the big, old, and somewhat dirty car full of paints, Hyejung gulped. He watched as Yoongi got into it, turned it on with difficulty and let a suspicious and unhealthy black smoke come out of the car.

"What are you waiting for?" Yoongi's teasing question woke up Hyejung, who, telling himself that he should get used to it, got into the car. The seat was soft and cozy contrary to what he might think; He tried to put on his seatbelt but was surprised to see nothing. "Oh, there isn't one, don't worry."