𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

— 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍"𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭-𝐇𝐞'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫?"

— 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
"𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭-𝐇𝐞'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫?"

Zenon sat on the wet shore of the river, his arms resting on his bent knees watching the smoke fill the air above the lake. He waited to see a head pop up through the surface. His eyes stung from the river water, making them feel heavier than they already did. He wasn't as worried about finding the others as he should be. If they found out he and Percy weren't dead, Hadiya wouldn't stop till she found them. 

He closed his eyes, rubbing his fingers over them, everything was blurry when he blinked back but the outline of a figure swimming towards him was clear enough. He blinked his clear vision back as Percy stood walking from waist deep water. The blonde gave a soft smile. Zenon fumble to his feet rushing out to meet Percy in shin deep water. Percy thought the brunette boy was going to hug him but he was very wrong. 

Zenon shoved him in the chest with all his force making Percy stumble back landing in the water like he did the day he was claimed. But instead of him yelling. Zenon was. 

“What the hell is wrong with you!” Percy only sat in the water, staring up at the boy dumbfounded and confused. “I try to save your life and this is what I get?” Percy's mouth moved but no words came out.  Zenon took a step back when Percy stood to his feet, his clothes dripping wet.

Zenon's head was tilted waiting for Percy to say something, eyebrows raised frustration written across his face.  He froze when Percy walked, tossing his arms around his shoulders, hugging him. Zenon gently placed his hands on the boy's back before stepping back and turning to walk away. 

“We should try and find the others.” 

Hadiya stood with Grover and Annabeth in the middle of the commotion under the arch. Smoke spilling from the hole on the underside, helicopters circled overhead. Flashing red and blue light from the cop cars and fire trucks surround them. Hadiya gave Annabeth her cap back, sticking her hands in her back pockets. Hiding the shakiness from the two others. 

“Do you think they're still up there?” Grover asked

“If they are, they're dead.” Annabeth said

“What if they fell?” the satyr asked

“Still dead.”

“They're not dead!” Hadiya said. “They can't be.”

“They're looking at us.” Grover said looking towards the man talking to two officers. 

“Yeah they are.” Annabeth said, looking in a completely different direction. Hadiya looked between the two, the officers and the three old lady's with a ball of yarn. The Fates. She felt like she truly was looking between her two fates. Being arrested, or dying.