𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

—𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄"𝐇𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐲𝐝𝐞, 𝐃𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬"

—𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
"𝐇𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐲𝐝𝐞, 𝐃𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬"

She sat on the edge of the bed in the intermarry, the sheer curtain lingering by her sides, her hands clasped resting between her knees. She looked down over her shoulder at Percy who was sound asleep, being brought into camp after defeating the Minotaur. 

“He's okay” Grovers words pulled her out from the racing thought in her head. She looked up at the boy in front of her with a sigh. 

“I know” she said looking down at her shoes

“Nothing is your fault.” He reassured her

“I know-I-I just” she let out a huff “All I could do was stand there and watch, Grover. I couldn't help, I had nothing, I could only stand there and watch him get hurt.” She shook her head, looking at Percy “for the first time in more years than I can remember, I felt helpless…Weak..”

“Diya,”Grover said softly, “You are neither of those things. I know it. I know you know that. I know you know everyone in this camp knows that. Including Clarisse.” He said, making her chuckle. He smiled, seeing the frown vanish from her face. “Did you sleep at all?”

“A little” she said looking at the bed next to them, the covers being all messy from where she slept for a total of two hours. She glanced back down at Percy once again, seeing the faded black eye the Minotaur left behind. 

“He's okay,” Grover said again. “We're all okay.” She nodded slowly “You should go find Toby and Ace. Maybe check in with Zenon and Annabeth. Even Luke. They're worried about you too.”

“Me? I didn't fight a Minotaur?” She said, raising an eyebrow. 

“No, but you were also in a car crash”Grover said like it was obvious

Hadiya had forgotten about that. Well not forgotten, but at that moment it was the last thing she was worried about. Not even fully registering that the car flying off the road last night was actually a big deal to people. 

“I guess you're right” she shrugged standing up, flattening the front of her black cropped shirt off.  “I'll see you later Grover, Let me know when he wakes up.”

“I think you'll know,” he chuckled, making her smile. 

She grabbed her bag from the foot of her bed before waking pushing through the door out into the patio where Mr. D sat sleeping, snoring loudly. She rolled her eyes at the god before walking through the doorway out into the path. The sun's bright light reflected off the lake making the surface shine. There wasn't a single person on the beach, most out doing the daily early afternoon activities. She walked the tree lined path to the center of camp, where cabins line the outer areas, a training center off the side, a campfire in the middle. Kids gave her smiles and short waves as they walked past one another.