𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

—𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄"𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐢𝐦 -𝐌𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞? 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭- 𝐇𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞"

—𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
"𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐢𝐦 -𝐌𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞? 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭- 𝐇𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞"

Percy, Annabeth, Hadiya and Luke were on the blue team and Zenon was on the red team alongside Clarisse and more Ares children. He was once on the Blue team but after three wins he was switched to the red team to balance out the playing field. 

The first conch blew signifying they had twenty minutes to hide and protect their flags before the game began. Hadiya held her sword in hand, her armor covering her chest, and unlike the rest of her teams she refused to wear one of the ugly helmets with the blue mohawk on the top. Annabeth stood to one side of her, Percy just behind her when Luke walked over.

“Alright, we have twenty minutes before the second conch and game-on.” Annabeth explained “You know what you’re doing?

“Yes, ma’am” Luke nodded before turning to walk away

“Hey, today feel like a winning kind of day to you?” She asked

Luke smiled and nodded “I’ll see you on the other side.”  he told before walking away, guiding part of the team off into the woods behind them.

“Not you sunshine” Annabeth said, making Percy look over at them.

“You're with us.” Hadiya smirked, making Percy raise his eyebrows before they walked away, him having to jog after them.

They walked through a path in the woods, none of them saying a word, Annabeth ditched her helmet somewhere back along the way, Hadiya giving her an “I told you so” look about how useless they were. A pair of Blues teammates jogged past them. Hadiya and Annabeth stepped over the fallen stick at their feet while Percy had a harder time doing the simple task, tripping over it falling almost face first into the dirt.

Both girls stopped and turned around to look down at him as he propped himself on his knees, his helmet messed up on his head, his sagged shoulder both shield and sword still in hand.

“Im fine, thanks” He sighed “But I appreciate you, you know, standing there silently.” He stood up going to place his sword in the holder on his hip, missing twice before finally getting it in the third time. Hadiya chuckled lightly, turning to follow behind Annabeth. Percy huffed, taking his helmet off following after them.

“Listen-I get your both better at this than me. But I need this to go well today. I can’t really get into it, but I need my father to see it go well. So if you guys expect me to know how to do something- I don’t know how to do. . . and I end up falling flat on my face-”

“Like you just did?’ Hadiya giggled

“Shut up!” Percy said  “I can’t really. . . have that right now.” he finished as the two girls slowed. Both looking at him, Hadiya shook her head and fixed the strap of his armor.