Dance With You

The Hen Party had flown by, and despite the rest of the parties arguments, both Molly and Jenny had both agreed in the small hours of the morning, it was probably best to call it a night. The wedding was at eleven the following morning, and the bride needed her beauty sleep.

This meant one thing, which made Jenny feel somewhat more anxious than her actual wedding.

As the other girls bade her farewell, Molly remained sat on the sofa, tears already making her eyes glossy, as she held a small bag in her hands.

"I'll be honest with you, Jenny, there was a time when I never saw myself having this conversation with someone who was going to marry my George," She began.

"He was broken, we hadn't seen him for months. We thought we would never see him again, we truly did. And then he turned up, out of the blue. He wasn't himself, not even close, but he spoke of a girl, and his eyes lit up again,"

"And slowly, he came back to us. Little by little, day by day, and the George I see now, he's as much like the old George that I think we'll ever get. And all of that is down to your love and support, and there is nothing I can ever do to thank you for bringing my son back to life,"

"I thought I had lost two sons, and you prevented that from happening," Molly took a deep breath, before handing the bag to Jenny, who peered inside curiously.

"I always give the same things to the brides of my boys. In there, you'll find the onesie George wore when we first brought him home from the hospital. He might be a lanky man now, but there was a time when he barely weighed more than three pounds, and he fit in his Father's hand. He's a grown man now, getting married, he's got the best jokes business in the world, two little babies on the way. But he started off as my baby. He always will be my baby, but I'm letting him go tomorrow, and so I always feel it's fitting to give that to you," Jenny picked the baby grow out of the bag, it was smaller than she could have ever imagined. It was a tiny, wrinkled, pale blue baby grow, the very first one her husband-to-be had ever worn. And whatever message Molly tried to convey, it was heard loud and clear, as she imagined the day she would watch her own children get married.

"The difference for you, of course, is that there are two baby grows," Molly took a deep breath, as Jenny pulled out an identical second baby grow from the bag. "Because the day George was born, there was another little tiny baby boy. My Fred. Well, really, he was always George's. I just fed them,"

Jenny laughed at this.

"I never will get to give this away, same as I will never get to give Fred away. But I know you're carrying him with you just as much as you're carrying George. You've honoured his memory alongside him all of this time, and I want you to know he would have been overjoyed at the prospect of becoming your brother. He'd have been so excited to become an Uncle to the babies, even more excited that you're having twins!" Molly laughed.

"Merlin help me if it's twin boys!" Jenny laughed, though her voice was thick with emotion as she held the clothing in her hands, imagining Molly bringing her twin sons home with her, introducing them to Bill, Charlie and Percy.

"There's something else, as well, some words from the Molly that existed in 1983. The Molly who had six little boys and one small girl, who was drowning in laundry, milk, exhaustion. But one who was deliriously happy, all the same," Molly smiled. "I read this in Witch Weekly back when Bill was small, and I thought it was silly at the time. But I think it's nice, to give you a glimpse into what your George was like, back when he was a boy,"

There was a folded letter in the back, with the words 'Future Mrs George Weasley' scrawled on the front, and just seeing those words made Jenny emotional.

"I'll leave you with that, and I'll see you bright and early!" Molly grinned, leaning over to kiss Jenny on the cheek. "Soak in every moment of your special day, darling, I love you so very much,"