~~Introduction/prologue~~

(Amy’s POV)  

“Another lonely night…..” I said quietly to myself, I had invited my friends over earlier this night, they were all busy, as per usual. I don’t know about Sonic, he didn’t even answer the phone…hopefully he is just asleep, Why I have no clue, it's only 9:15 P.M, well, it's kinda late I suppose……but he never goes to bed this early, I kind of have a bad feeling, I have no clue why…. But…something isn’t right with Sonic, he hasn’t been acting like himself lately. Ever since our camping trip last week…he's tired all the time, always busy, stressed, worried, in a hurry to leave, and never hangs out at night anymore… see why I think something is going on? Whatever,I'm tired…I should go to sleep… “Goodnight world…” I said sadly,then I headed off to bed.

Everything passes smoothly that night,or almost does,Amy lays peacefully asleep in her bed, until she is suddenly awoken by a ‘thud’ on the side of her house,her eyes spring open and she lurches up

“Who's there!?” I say,sitting up quickly,my heart pounds in my chest,sending a rush of adrenaline to my heart, waking me up. I reluctantly get up and look out the window,the morning is pleasant,I open my window and see Tails standing in my yard,picking up my pink rake “Tails?? Why are you here??” I say,disbelief in my voice,I rub my eyes sleepily,he giggles sheepishly “Uh…I was out for a walk…? I happened to stop by your house on the way to my destination.” he says,I palm my face  “Tails,it's 7:00 in the morning,let me get dressed, and then why don’t you come inside and have some breakfast?” I say,he pauses,before smiling and nodding,I disappear back into my window,closing the window and latching it behind me.

(Tails’ POV)

I wait anxiously for Amy to answer the door. I'm about to ring the doorbell again when she opens the door,wearing a pair of gray sweatpants and a black undershirt, “Wow,I've never really seen you wear anything but your usual dress.” I say,trying to start a friendly conversation, “Well,I can't always wear that dress,it gets uncomfortable after awhile,now come on inside,it's cold out here.” she said,I nodded and did as I was told,when I stepped into her house,the friendly smell of coffee welcomed me,Amy's house always had a friendly scent,coffee,hot chocolate,cookies,cakes,bread,cinnamon rolls ...mmmm.

(Amy’s POV)

“So Tails,might I ask what brought you to my house this early?” I say,having a slight no-nonsense tone, “Well,honestly I felt bad that I couldn’t come over last  night,so I was gonna plant you some more roses and use a growth serum that I made,but I knocked your rake over hehehe…” Tails said sheepishly 

“Aww,how sweet,but how did you get in…? Did I not lock my gate?” I said, “Oh you did,but I uh….hehehe…climbed your fence…” He said sheepishly,I looked at him,strictly “You what?” I said angrily, he gulped “C-Climbed the fence.” he said nervously “Did you break anything on the way in?” I said,palming my face, “No,just knocked the rake down hehe.” He said, “Okay then,I'm not mad anymore,so what do you want for breakfast?” I asked politely. He paused briefly, “Hmmm,pancakes?” He said with a smile, “That can be arranged,how about you call our friends over,hm? It’s 7:30 A.M,they shouldn’t be busy.” I called from the kitchen, “Okay Amy!” Tails called back.

A few minutes have passed,I’ve finished making the pancakes,Knuckles,Shadow,Silver,and of course Tails are in the living room, No sign of Sonic though.

(Knuckles’ POV)

“Hey Amy,sorry I couldn’t make it out yesterday,I really wanted to,but Eggman attacked the master emerald,also these pancakes are delicious.” 

I said before I took another bite. “Thanks Knuckles,and it’s no problem,you all had other stuff to do,it's no problem,have any of you seen Sonic?” she said

Silver piped up, “No,not since last night,I saw him run by me and Blaze's house,no clue where he went though.” He said as he also took another bite of pancakes,suddenly the doorbell rang…

Hey guys! Sorry this was short! I'm copying it to my phone during class and almost got caught, so I'm not gonna risk it! Also idk when I'll continue "My New Bodyguard", hopefully I'll make time for it! Thanks for reading and I can't wait for the next part!! (Which will maybe be longer lol)
-Author
Words: 805