"Open this door,Veronica" I said coldly
"And what if I don't?" She shot back, walking towards me. Her heels clinking as they made contact with the surface of the tiles. Her other two minions, Chloe and Becca walked at either side of her slender body.

"Stay away from my Ryker and we'd be good"
"Your Ryker?" I inquired, my tone laced with amusement.
"It's like you only learn through the hard way" Chloe said as she chewed gum in her mouth.
"You can talk?" I said pushing her buttons. I mean, if I'm going to be stuck here with them, I might as well annoy them. Chloe rolled her eyes at my remark and went back to what she thought was s model like stance - a hand on her right waitg, her cheeks sucked in and her weight resting on one side.
"That's more like you Chlorine" I added when I  was certain she'd sucked in her cheeks.

"Back to you Veronica, open this door" Veronica rolled her eyes.
"Let's just go girls. Breathing in the same air as this bag of bones is making my head spin"
Who looks more like it between us both? I wanted to fire back but I decided against it and said this instead.
"That's pretty lame of you to say, Vera" She huffed, walking towards the door and opened it -well tried to but it was locked which means she failed. Just to annoying her, I decided to speak.
"It's locked. What a shame your brain couldn't store that piece of information" Veronica huffed and withdrew the key from her bag. She tossed it to Becca who later opened the door and let us out.

The three identical Barbies walked out and I walked behind them, maintaining a safe distance. Becca was at the left side of Veronica. She walked exactly like Vera and didn't speak unless the Queen bee permitted her to. I felt really bad for her, not because she was looking up to Vera, even if that's sad but because she didn't have a mind if her own. I walked into the hall and made my way to my usual table.

Halfway through, I met them. The seven friends that once occupied the position of my spirit friends. They weren't exactly my friends now. I mean, I could talk to them and stuff but I preferred my small friend circle consisting of Alan, Anne, Jude and Ryker.
"Hey" I said waving and those that heard waved back while the phone addicts didn't respond.

I continued my walk to my table.
"What took you that long?" Ryker asked pulling the chair out for me. I shrugged in response and took a bite of the pasta he got me after sitting down.
"Why'd you pick pasta for me?" I asked after swallowing. "You know I hate pasta"
"Well, I like it" Ryker said and I scoffed.
"Then why didn't you just pick it for yourself,?" I inquired, eyeing his chicken and fries.
"Because this looked nicer" he said eating a  fry. Before he could say another word, I exchanged our plates and began eating his. He didn't seem to mind and continued eating mine.
"Ughhhhhh" Ryker said sinking into his chair. "This tastes heavenly"
"Then you could have picked it for yourself" I said with an exaggerated sigh
"Whatever"

After our little banter was over, I noticed the whole table was quiet and all eyes were on us.
"What?" I asked, a bone in my left hand and a fry in the other.
"You guys would make such a sweet coupld" Anne said with a squeal of excitement.
"I'd agree with Anna on this one" Jude said
"Traitor" I replied tearing some flesh off the chunky thighs of the chicken.
"No seriously. Have you guys considered going on a date or something?" Alan chipped in, still scrolling through his phone. Addict.
"Well-" Ryker begun with a cheeky smile
"Don't you dare" I said pointing a fry towards his direction. The thief utilised the opportunity and stole it. My eyes widened.
How dare he?

I heard the sound of a camera shutter and I turned my neck to see the culprit. It was Alan.
"I taught you well" Jude said patting his head. I shook my head and packed my tray. As I trashed my dirt and dropped my dirty tray in its section, the bell went.

》》》
I was currently in my room writing some random poem on my laptop. Jude was with Alan in the school garden and since I had nothing to do before our next classes, I decided to write. Halfway through this chapter, I could feel my fingers stiffen. It was my way of reacting whenever something felt off. I decided to ignore this feeling that was tugging at my soul. When I couldn't take it anymore, I walked to the bathroom and had a quick shower.  I wore a tank top with a short and went to sleep.

"Wake up, Jo" a voice said. I opened my eyes slowly and let out a yawn.
"Whaaaa"
"Be quick, the warning bell has been rung. You only have five more minutes left."
"What do we have now?" I lazily asked as I pulled myself off the bed.
"Martial arts" I wore a shirt on top of the tank top and made my bed. I grabbed a granola bar from my locker and we made our way out.

°•°•°•°•
"Alright guys, we'd do some exercise and then I'd select two people to have some hand-to-hand combat. No weapons and certainly no powers." Our master Kairo said. I give you ten minutes to change if you haven't and then we'd start.

We began a series of exercises and after a while, he gave us a water break.
"So today, we'd start with Veronica and..." He scanned the room for her opponent. He had a brief eye contact with me then said "Juno."
I internally groaned and tore my body off the ground.

Veronica packed her hair into a messy bun while I packed mine into a high ponytail.

"Bow" he instructed and we both did but not without a mutual eye roll. Thereafter, he blew the whistle and we begun.

I gave her a punch but she easily dodged it. She tried giving me one too but I just dodged it and we repeated this routine.

"So you're a novice in this aspect too?" I asked, mockery evident in my tone.
" I am not" Veronica said trying to give me a kick to the side. I caught the leg mid air and kicked the other which caused her to fall. Utilising this opportunity, I got on top of her, my legs on either side of her being and grabbed her left foot in a firm hold. I began twisting the ankle slowly and before I could even twist it one more time, she started screaming and tapped out.

I got up from her body and maintained my original stance. I bowed to show sportsmanship but she just snickered and walked to the other Barbies.

"Chloe, pack my hair. No loose strands" and Chloe obeyed.

"What? Are you trying to murder me?" Vera screamed. She unpacked her blonde hair and repacked it as a high ponytail then rolled it into a bun. Sincerely, Chlorine did a better job in packing the hair.

I tore my gaze off the sight in my very front and went back to drinking my water. Someone bumped into me and the water spilled on my clothing.
"I'm so sorry" Vera said giggling
"No, you're not" I fired back, closing my water bottle.

"Are you guys ready?" Kairo asked and after he received our affirmative reply, he blew the whistle.

Vera was more hostile than she was earlier -violently punching and kicking me. She pulled me towards her with my hair and I could feel my scalp hurt. I gave her a punch to her stomach but she still held on to my hair which caused us to fall on the floor. I was currently on top of her but before I could do anything, she put her hand on my chest which was quite damp from earlier and electrocuted me with her powers. I tried attacking her or even pulling away but I couldn't so I just let my head spin and the dizziness knock me out.

"Jo..." I heard Ryker's voice say but I couldn't even stay awake for him, I was too weak.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
So, that's it. Jo is out and lemme just tell you, she's gonna be that way for some time. Besides, if your name is Chloe, I'm really sorry:(
Feel free to drop comments and tap that little star at the end of every chapter. Bye:)
-Erioluwaleyi