So, I interrupted him saying, "If Isolde could dance right? Of course, you two can dance with each other. You don't need to ask for my permission."

I could tell that I caught him by surprise, but this is what is supposed to happen. Isolde had to dance with him for the story to progress correctly. They would be the ones to defeat King Orson – and Andreas too, now that I thought about it – at the end of the story. This would ensure the safety of Igoria. All I needed to do for myself was to stay on their good side. So far, I have been doing a decent job at that.

"Oh, I would love to dance with you," Isolde gasped and tugged at his arm.

My heart ached as I watched his pained face being dragged away – though, I was happy for Isolde. As a reader, it would be a dream come true to dance with someone I fantasized about. But this is for the best.

It would be fun to watch them dance anyway. This would be much better than any book-to-movie adaptation I had ever seen. I'd get to witness the accurate portrayal of their dance since it would take place right in front of me.

"You really think he's that much better than me, huh?" A deep voice breathed into my ear, making me jump.

"What the heck!" I squealed, whipping around to find myself in the presence of an undisguised Ezra.

He was wearing another long, black tailcoat, except it was decorated with silver flames this time. Diamonds and rubies swirled between the patterns of fire, gleaming in the light of the chandeliers. His hair was once again black and curly, swooping to the front. Meanwhile, his eyes were filled with golden honey. I'd missed it in the alley, but he had a light scattering of freckles underneath them. Though, the small dots were nearly hidden by his sun-kissed skin, which seemed to glow as bright as it did at Jubilate.

The whole blue, glowing thread dangled from his ear to me, while the torn threads swayed from his earlobe. I reminded myself not to be swayed by the fear of them.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed. "Are you here to hurt Prince Khol?"

His lips twisted together. "I was invited by your father. And believe it or not, I don't feel like killing my dear, older brother right now," he said and wrapped an arm around my waist. I scowled at his touch. "I came tonight to talk with you in secret. That's why we're invisible right now," he said as his eyes whirled around.

"What?" I asked, trying to sound more annoyed than curious. That's when I realized that the air around us slightly rippled. It would be hard to tell if I wasn't specifically looking for a shield of some sort.

Everyone around us was walking and talking without throwing a single glance our way. No one seemed to be staring at me and whispering anymore. It was truly as if they couldn't see us at all.

The music then began playing, and I noticed Khol and Isolde get into position.

"Ah, that's our cue," Ezra said with a lazy smile and grabbed my hand with his free one.

"You want to use your dance pass now?" I asked with a raised brow.

"A single, dance pass, yes," he said with a smirk, implying that he did intend to use the three at separate times. I groaned as he continued saying, "I do have three, you know. Why else would I have grabbed your waist?" His smile grew wider. "Hoping for something more than a dance?"

Ugh. The audacity of this guy! I ignored him and asked, "Why not get them all out of the way? It would uncomplicate things." My eyes watched Khol spin Isolde. The golden fabric of her dress swished with perfect elegance. Her eyes were bright and he stayed focused on her. It wasn't surprising to watch. After all, they are made for each other, dancing so gracefully and carefree.