Chapter 29: SummerFest

I made my way over to Jade's, and I knocked on her door. She answered the door, and she looked... sexy. She was wearing a black crop top, and bright blue high-waisted shorts. "Hey Jade, you ready for your first day of SummerFest?" I asked. "I was born ready." she smiled. "Okay. Here's your ticket." I handed it to her. "Thank you." she said. She left her house, and we went downtown, to the New York fairgrounds, where all of the big events are held. We gave the girl up front our tickets, and she gave us wristbands. "Okay, let's go." I held her hand, and we just walked around for a bit. "Oh, that ride looks fun! Do you wanna go with me, Logan?" she pulled on my arm. "No, you go ahead. I'm gonna go play a game or something." I said. "Okay, suit yourself." she shrugged, and walked over to the ride. I went to the ring toss, to see if I could win her anything. "Get one ring on each bottle, and you get a prize from the top shelf." the stall vendor said. It was a dollar per ring, so I just bought three. I put each one on a bottle, so I picked out the big blue teddy bear at the top. I walked back over to the ride, and waited for Jade to get off. Once she got off, she was shaking but she had a big smile on her face. "Wow, what a rush! Who's the teddy bear for?" she asked. "You." I handed her the bear. "Aw, thank you. This is very sweet." she kissed me on the cheek. "You're welcome." I held her hand again, and slid my fingers in between hers. Jade and I went on a ride together, then grabbed a bite to eat. We shared a pizza, and got vanilla ice cream. "So how long does SummerFest go on?" she asked. "All summer." I said. "Wow, that long?" she asked. "Yep, and they have this huge celebration on the fourth of July." I said. "Oh, cool." she said. "Yep, and they have a different music act every night." I said. "That's awesome!" she said, and she sounded impressed. "Yep, and 5 Seconds Of Summer is supposed to be here tonight." I said. "5 Seconds Of Summer? I love them! Can we please stay and watch them?" she begged. "Sure." I smiled at her. It was starting to get dark, but 5 Seconds Of Summer still wasn't out yet. Everyone else started going home, and I just realized... they don't have a music act on the first night. "Oh, right. They don't have a concert on the first night." I mentally slapped myself for not remembering. "Oh, that's okay. Let's just stay here... it's such a beautiful night." she touched my hand. "Okay." I nodded in agreement. Jade was still holding the bear I won for her earlier today. After awhile, we decided to head back. I walked Jade back home, and we sat on her patio for awhile, and watched the stars. I played with her hair, and we talked about nothing and whatever.