Chapter 27: Surprises

~Logan's POV~

(3 Years Later)

Dr. Kris came into my room, with a gentle smile on her face. "Logan, I got your test results back, and I have some great news." she walked over to me, and touched my hand. "Really?" I looked at her. "Yes. It looks like your bone marrow is back to normal." she said. "D-does that mean my cancer's gone? I can go home?" I asked. "Not just yet. We're gonna keep you here for another week, run some more tests. Just to be sure everything's okay." she said. "Oh, thank you so much Dr. Kris." I smiled at her. "Don't just thank me. I think Jade coming to see you every day for the past three years really helped you." she said. 

(1 Week Later)

"Okay Logan, I think you can go home now." Dr. Kris told me. "Oh, thank you Dr. Kris... for everything." I gave her a hug. "You're welcome Logan, and never forget how lucky you are." she said. "I won't." I said. I walked out of the hospital after checking out, and went straight to Jade's. I rang her doorbell, and she came out after a few minutes. "Logan? W-what are you doing here?" she asked. "I'm okay now, Jade. The cancer's gone." I smiled. "Oh my god, really? Oh baby, that's great!" she touched my bald head, and started crying. "Don't worry, it'll grow back." I smiled. "I know, but I'm just so glad you're okay." she gave me a big bear hug, and I could barely breathe. "Okay, not so tight. I can't breathe." I said, gasping for air. "Oh, sorry. I love you so much." she covered me in kisses, and I wrapped my arms around her. I gave her a long, passionate kiss, and we went inside. We made love on the couch, and just laid there for a while. "I'm glad you're okay." she kissed my forehead. "Yeah, me too." I looked at her, with tears of joy in my eyes.