Chapter 12: I Trust You

Kyle left, and Jade, Audrey, and I sat in silence for awhile. "Um... can I tell you guys something?" Audrey asked, breaking the silence. "Of course." Jade said. "Okay, but you guys have to promise not to tell." she said. "We promise we won't tell." I said. "Okay... uh, I'm pregnant." she said. "Really?" I asked. She just nodded, and she looked scared. "Have you told Kyle yet?" Jade asked. "No, I'm afraid to. I mean, we love each other, and he's even talked about a family. I just don't know if he's ready... or even if I'm ready." she said. "Audrey, there's no reason to be scared. Having a baby is a beautiful thing." Jade took her hand. So Kyle really has changed. He's willing to settle down, and start a family. Jade's fingers interlocked with mine, and I kissed her hand. Kyle came back, and he had two cups of coffee. "Thank you sweetheart." Audrey took the coffee, and kissed him on the cheek. I really wish I had asked for a coffee, but it's too late now. Kyle took a sip of his coffee, and Audrey snuggled up to him. They're actually a really cute couple, and they seem to be awfully comfortable with each other. I put my arm around Jade's waist, and kissed her on the cheek. "You've been eyeing my coffee an awful lot, little bro. Do you want a drink of mine?" he asked. "Sure." I took the coffee out of his hand, and drank from it. It was strong black coffee, but it felt good going down. "Ahh, thanks dude." I handed it back over to him. "No problem." he smiled. "How are you two even brothers? You look nothing alike." Audrey said, not unkindly. "I take after my dad, and Logan takes after mom." Kyle explained. "Oh." she said. "Speaking of dad, how is he?" I asked. "He's doing alright." he said. "Not so good since mom died, huh?" I asked. "No, but he's getting better." he said. "Well, that's good." I said. "Yeah, he loved her so much. We all did. It's been really rough without her." he said, and he started tearing up. "I know. It'll get easier as time goes on." I hugged him, and it's been a long time since we hugged. I started crying too, even though I tried not to. I just held my brother for awhile, then we let go. "You okay?" Audrey rubbed his back. "Yeah." he sniffed, and wiped his eyes. "Well, I think I'm gonna turn in for the night." she said. She got up, and Kyle followed her. "Good night, guys." I said. I grabbed some Chex Mix from the cabinet, and offered some to Jade. She took a big handful, and popped a few pieces in her mouth. "I'm glad Audrey's having a baby. I bet it's gonna be beautiful." she put her head on my shoulder. "Yeah. What do you think it's going to be?" I asked. "A girl." she said. "That's what I'm hoping too." I smiled. Jade looked at me, and kissed me softly.