Chapter-16: Friends, Food and Forgiveness

Next day,

The soft light of dawn filtered through the curtains, casting a golden glow upon the lovers entwined in each other's arms. With a contented sigh, Nandini nestled closer to Manik, her heart overflowing with love.

"Good morning, my love," Manik whispered, kissing her forehead tenderly.

"Good morning," Nandini murmured, her voice filled with warmth and affection.

Today is their last day here which began with a lazy morning in bed, basking in the warmth of their shared love. They reveled in the simple pleasure of each other's presence, exchanging soft kisses. They thought to leave in the afternoon.

As midday approached, they reluctantly tore themselves away from the comfort of their bed and ventured outside after getting ready to leave.  

As they started their trip, they found themselves surrounded by beautiful scenery and feeling cozy inside their car. The sunlight peeked through the trees, creating pretty shadows that made everything look magical.

Nandini, sitting next to Manik, was amazed by the beauty she saw outside her window. Every twist in the road showed a different view, each one made by nature and looking like a beautiful painting.

In the distance, there were green hills that looked like soft waves. The morning sunlight made them glow golden. Trees lined the road like guards, their branches reaching towards the sky.

Birds sang happily, their songs mixing with the quiet sound of the car's engine. It was like a beautiful concert of nature, filling the air with calmness.

Nandini leaned back in her seat, a contented smile gracing her lips. She stole a glance at Manik, who was focused on the road ahead with an air of quiet determination.

His hands gripped the steering wheel with practiced ease, guiding them along the winding path with precision.

There was a sense of purpose in his movements, a confidence born of countless journeys traveled together.

"So, where should we stop for a break?" Nandini's voice broke the tranquility, punctuating the moment with a note of anticipation.

Manik glanced at her with a twinkle in his eye, his lips curling into a playful smile. "How about that cozy little cafe we visited earlier?"

Manik's eyes sparkled with delight as she nodded in agreement. "That sounds perfect to me!"

So, they knew where they were going, and they kept driving with lots of excitement. The road seemed to go on forever, like a long black ribbon, taking them deeper into the countryside. Every mile brought them closer to where they were going, but they enjoyed the journey itself the most.

As they drove, they talked easily, sharing stories and dreams. Their voices blended with the sound of the car's engine. They had a strong connection from years of laughing and crying together.

Sometimes, they didn't need to talk and just enjoyed each other's company. Nandini looked out the window, lost in her thoughts. Manik looked at her with a soft smile when she wasn't watching.

As they got closer to where they were headed, they saw more villages and busy towns. Houses were close together along the road, with smoke coming out of chimneys. People were busy with their lives, doing things with purpose.

Finally, they saw the cafe they were looking for. It looked cozy and welcoming, promising good food and warmth inside.

Nandini's stomach growled, excited for the delicious food. Manik laughed gently as he parked the car easily. They got out, stretching after the long ride. The air felt fresh, smelling like bread and coffee.