As soon as she got in, Percy let her go. She hesitated, looking back at the door, but she convinced herself Percy would do just fine.

The door swung open and Menodora could feel her heart drop. How did she already mess this up?

"Meno," Bianca di Angelo breathed.

Menodora opened her mouth but nothing rational followed. How on earth do you explain to someone you've been stalking them?

Before Menodora could come up with something, Bianca wrapped her arms around her.

Surprised, yet relieved, Menodora hugged her back.

"I'm so glad to see you," Bianca admitted, still hugging Menodora.

"You are?"

"Well, yeah," Bianca said. "It isn't very comforting to have to go on a life or death trip with people you barely know."

Menodora frowned. "But—what about Zoë?"

"Well, I met her two days ago," Bianca laughed. "Anyway, I have to get back. Are you alone?"

Menodora hesitated again. "Yes. I took a pegasus. But you can't tell anyone, okay? This is our secret."

"Only if you keep following us. It would be a huge reliever," Bianca said. "I'll make sure Zoë slows down a bit. She's been driving like crazy."

"Okay," Menodora said. "Thank you, Bianca. Nico misses you, by the way."

Bianca's smile faltered, and her eyes became distant. "I've got to go. They'll get suspicious. I'll make sure to cover for you when you get out. Bye, Meno. Love you to the moon."

"And back," Menodora finished as she hugged Bianca tightly. "Make a sign if you need me."

Bianca nodded before sprinting off.

"That was close," Percy breathed as he took off the cap and leaned against the door.

"You were here the whole time?"

"No! Never! I wouldn't—I was outside. I just came in to check on you because Bianca left in a hurry. I got worried."

Menodora exhaled as she rubbed her face. "Okay. We gotta go. Bianca's got us covered. Come on."

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

"Just great," Menodora grunted.

They were flying south, still following the van. Just as Bianca had promised, the van was a whole lot slower, thus Blackjack being less exhausted.

"What's wrong?" Percy asked.

"My sandal fell off!" Menodora exclaimed.

Perch snorted before erupting in laughter. "Your sandal?! You were wearing sandals on a quest? Wow, Menodora, you are one of a kind."

"Leave me alone," Menodora grumbled. "Your feet are gigantic for that little body of yours. I'd look like a clown if I wore them."

"Hey! I don't have a small body!"

"What? You have a big one?"

"We already had this discussion. I have an average height for my age," Percy stated.

"Yeah, whatever," Menodora said, followed by a short silence.

"Hey, Menodora?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you remember anything before the Lotus Casino? Your hometown, or, I don't know, the year you were born?"