Chapter 1

"Tonight, let it begin again."

The sound of a voice, chilling enough to defeat the tropical night of midsummer in one breath, caused a strong shiver to run through me.

I gathered my excited breath, struggling to calm my trembling heart.

However, the sight of a man unbuttoning his shirt with a provocative touch made all my resolutions crumble away.

"Are you ready?"

His black hair, which had been dark under the sun, shone white as if swallowing the flowing moonlight.

It was a familiar sight.

For his hair would invariably turn white at night, as if to fend off the darkness.

"...Yes. I'm ready."

From the darkness, a pair of sharp, golden eyes glinted ruthlessly, like a predator pursuing its prey.

The man fluttering his shirt in front of me.

He was none other than Levanfell von Leonharta, the tyrant of this empire and my husband.

'I'm going mad!'

I took shallow, trembling breaths and nodded, my thinning gaze irresistibly drawn to Levanfell's open shirt.

At the end of my gaze were perfectly defined muscles, each boasting their presence.

I gulped.

It must be inevitable that I feel nervous each time, no matter how many times we've done this. In the silent bedroom, the sound of swallowing dry saliva resounded loudly.

"Teriella, there's no need to be tense."

Levanfell removed his ostentatious shirt. His flawless body was filled with fierce scars.

Among them, what caught the eye was a thorny, seal- like spell near the heart, reminiscent of a wretched thorn bush.

Each night, the eerie sealed spell seemed to be growing larger, as if to devour Levanfell.

His hair color, entirely different from daylight, and the sealed spells etched on his body.

This was precisely why I had to be by Levanfell's side every night, and why he sought me each night.

"What are you looking at?"

Levanfell gently pinched my chin with his long fingers, lifting it up. My gaze, which had been on the increasing seal spell, was drawn to his face.

"...I didn't see anything."

"Lies."

Levanfell's mischievous taunt sounded almost musical. His hand slowly ascended my arm, winding around my wrist like a slippery snake.

"You admired my body."

The man, wild like a furious beast, smiled like a mischievous boy. The refreshing scent of soap teased my nose, stimulating my senses.

"Still not used to it?"

"...No, I'm not."

"I'll believe that."

Levanfell lazily stroked his hand that had been wound around my wrist. Then he took my hand and gently placed it over his chest. The strong heartbeat transmitted vividly through my palm.

It was as though the strong pulse had dizzied my mind.

"Don't be scared."

In contrast to his rough actions, his melting voice was as sweet and soft as cotton candy. The comfort from that dissonance quickly eased my tension.