Resolution

Iran and Syria began implementing a mass migration for millions of residents into the former nation of Iraq, awarding free land as an incentive to relocate. The Iranian military worked toward consolidating their forces and reinforcing the security of their new borders. As consolidation progressed, Abdul and Kais ordered Iran's military toward the Jordanian border, where they planned to stop until the order was given to invade Jordan.

The new morning saw General Kais, angrily pacing in President Asad Suleiman's office, while his friend and colleague, General Abdul sat in silence, acting the part of a steadfast supporter. In his hand, General Kais held a scrunched-up copy of the Western Alliance declaration concerning further Eastern expansion into Western Alliance territory.

General Kais received this news with outraged fury and a personal insult to his pride. He yelled across the desk at President Asad, saying: "How dare the scum threaten unilateral retaliation against the greatest Eastern Alliance Nation."

Spittle flew from General Kais' mouth in his outrage as he thrust out his chin and yelled: "I speak for General Abdul, when I say that we demand a meeting with the heads of state for the alliance. These Western dogs think they are so powerful that they can threaten us without consequence? We will crush them all."

Asad took a hanky from his pocket and made a spectacle of wiping the General's spit off his desk and hands with a look of angry disgust that was not lost on General Kais. Then he threw the expensive handkerchief into the bin.

He said: "They did not threaten. They voted, and with one voice, have committed themselves to bring on the apocalypse if we attempt further expansion. There was nothing personal about it. I think we have pushed them far enough. Don't you?"

General Kais reigned in his volume, but with a deadly quiet voice, said: "I was furious that we failed to capture or kill our targets in the hotel restaurant, then I was enraged that our French-made missiles missed their target above the North Pole, and now, you expect me to do nothing after losing face for a third consecutive time?"

Asad slowly rose to his feet as he realised Kais had not listened to a single word. Then Asad came close to losing it as he slammed the table with an open palm to emphasise his authority.

Asad said: "General Kais, you talk of destroying the West, and yet you admit failing to kill even the 'softest' target in a luxury hotel. Do not come to me full of bluster, anger, and hostility... and do not spray your disgusting spittle across my desk. Not if you would like to keep your head attached to your shoulders."

"I cannot blame the West for wanting to protect their people. Also, why should they fear us when you two idiots can't even shoot down a passenger shuttle?"

Asad became annoyed with the General's constant pacing back and forth and in a cold tone that hinted at dire consequence, Asad said: "Sit down and stop wearing out my carpet. All I hear is you blaming the West... or anyone else for your mistakes when the blame rests squarely on your shoulders? I can understand your anger, but at least direct it in the right direction?"

Asad regained his seat and said: "Let's forget recrimination and the blame game, Instead, tell me how it is possible for three unarmed men to kill forty, fully armed elite soldiers in what... less than three minutes?"

Kais realised he had lost this fight and eased himself into the chair next to Abdul as directed. His anger simmered, unappeased, under the surface, but he said: "Mr. President. No-one advised us of the advanced protective capabilities of the suits worn by your targets. This man, 'Shadow', killed at least thirty soldiers single-handedly, with no weapons. Then all three walked away from the epicentre of a blast that vapourised the entire restaurant."